Thursday, May 25, 2006

dooce

i love all the blogs i read because they're normal blogs about what people do in their daily lives. but sometimes i wish i could write a blog where the reader hangs on every word. like Sex and the City? Brilliant writing and at the end of 98.75% of all their episodes, i feel like getting up and clapping. and, in fact, i do. i'm moved.

i used to be a really good writer.

if i do say so myself.

so when i read blogs like dooce.com i get a little sad. so well written, so well ended. interesting from word one to word ?. my entries are fragmatic and chock full of incomplete ideas. just like my mind. i've taken no time, no love, no thought in to developing an interesting post, just pour it out and publish.

but i guess that's what blogging is about, right?

well here's some more 'pouring'...

my shelves are hung and are brilliant. i'll post a pix tonight. I'm currently buying all the goodies to fill each jar that i bought at ikea. i've labled each jar too. I'll say it again: I AM GAY!! but there is nothing, and i mean NOTHING, better than wanting to cook a recipe and having every single ingredient on hand.

Do i have oat flour?

i do now.

Do i have Vital Wheat Gluten?

i will after work.

Do i have nutritional yeast?

well...yes but now it's in its final resting home. where i can see when i run low of it and need to buy more.

i feel good about this.

anyway here they is: (and pay no mind to the mismatched blinds. i'm aware of their hideousness...a thing called money is getting in teh way of replacing them! except i had enough to buy shelving and jars and the stuff to go in them - priorities!)



on another note: we have a 3 day weekend and i coudln't be any happier. unless it were a 4 dayer. then i'd be happier. i feel like calling in sick tomorrow and pissing away the day. at 5 i'm getting my hair done. i'll post before and after pix.

yikes.

11 Comments:

Blogger Shananigans said...

Oooh, I love getting my hair done. I can't wait to see your pictures. I’ve been trying to come up with a solution to my own spice/dry good storage problem and can’t think of where on earth I would put shelves or something in my tiny little kitchen. Maybe I need a trip to IKEA for inspiration? Is it just me or does nutritional yeast smell and taste kind of funky, like feet? In some recipes that hide the flavor I don’t mind it, but it kind of put me off in the punk rock chick pea gravy from VwaV. Maybe it’s just the particular brand I bought? Who knows. 3 day weekend wooooooo!

3:21 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

mine is a four day . . . i took tomorrow off. we are leaving town tonight . . . i blogged about it. wish you could come too!!!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

no. it's not you. i was blogging to someone saying the same thing. maybe there's a different NY that we have not been turned on to?

yes. hidden in other foods = good.

BYE TABBIES i miss you when you're away...i'm giong to read your blog.

4:02 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I LOVED the chick pea gravy, it tasted so good! I had a non veggie coworker try it from my lunch and she said I should open a veggie restaurant! I liked the risotto when I made it too!

4:22 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

i love your blog, TK, and i totally dig the way you write! i have no need to check out dooce.com but i'm sure it's fine and dandy. i'd rather see what people that i'm interested in are up to... peeps like YOU, and shan and tabitha jane and karen...

lookin' forward to seein' yer pix!!!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Dreamlover said...

I have the same dream. I wish to pretty and witty and wise in my blog!

Not quite sure its working, haha

7:16 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

aww...kleo. that was the nicest thing to say! thank you...i think YOU are awesome too.

and shanani and TJ and Karen & Penny and now a new one!! Dream lover!

and i'd like to thank my father and all my high school buddies, kody, Betsy, peng, debby, terry, Sonia, Kelly, Thom and everyone else i left out. becuase i'ts 8:53 and i'm pootin' tired!

nighty night!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

fantastic. it looks great!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Wow, you so handy. You installed those yourself? I'm drawn to power tools but they scare me a little. Looks great. Now go to TJ's and fill that quinoa jar!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i WOULD have installed those myself but i have my super-handy bro to do it instead. what would take me over 3 hours, takes him 15 minutes.

quinooooaaaaa...i've just heard such great things about that stuff.

10:17 AM  
Blogger karen said...

You are so organized! Those IKEA shelves and jars are a fantastic idea! I so want to do this now. I have a baker's rack I could empty... Can't wait to see what you do to that long, pretty hair...

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home