Friday, August 04, 2006

People are strange, when you're a stranger...

Kevin and i went to the mall for lunch and took a cruise in to Brookstone. We both found two free massage chairs open for 'business'. we sat down for a 15 minute freebie and this guy walks in, walking kinda weird, with half his ipod in his ear. he climbs on this odd looking device
in front of our chairs that's supposed to help you trim your thighs, strengthen your abs and melt your booty, all while watching tv! (and with my 3 hours a viewing per day, i should be a size 2 by next week)

"this is like riding a horse!

It's doing a slow cantor right now...(pushes a button) op! that's like a trot...yes a trot or maybe a slow gallop.

This feels good after being in the hospital for 6 months! (you know he wants you to ask)

Strongest people in the world are ballerinas (??) and ....uuh....yup that's a gallop now."

"did you know i had a stroke?"

"Noo waaay! Really?"

"Yup. Don't like to talk about it though...i just smile and nod a lot"

really? you don't like to talk about it yet you bring it up to two strangers? while you're riding a device that is making your head bobble?

I like people. I do. Strangers especially because EVERYONE is interesting and everyone has something to tell you. and i love peopel like this becuase they give me somthing to write about when i really had nothing...thank you Mr. Horsey man...thank you...

i can't write anymore. i'm weird today.

14 Comments:

Blogger New York Punk said...

i live with 5 million people in a 13 mile island that is manhattan. i fuckin hate every one of them.

2:36 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

lol... people are indeed, strange.

Although, a device to trim the thighs while watching tv... even stranger.

3:36 PM  
Blogger karen said...

ahahahhhhaaaaaaa. People are soooo funny.... Mr horsey man...

8:50 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

looks like a home version of that bull they rode in urban cowboy.

giddeee-up, mr. horsey-man!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

OK, that was just very strange indeed. Are you sure he was in a "regular" hospital for 6 months as opposed to a "special" hospital?
I did't get to comment on your previous post - The one with the bruises. I sometimes get those from either claws or nips. Mine aren't nearly as big because my dog isn't nearly as big. They get carried away and don't realize. I love him to death just the same.

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People watching is the best!

11:33 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Funny post. I love the way you think.

Someone was commenting to me the other day about how "So-and-so is so strange." To me, that's what makes life interesting. We are ALL strange to someone.

I think that exercise contraption would look great on a pedestal in a museum.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

I want a horse like that in my living room..... I want a horse like that right now! Said with the same zeal and "tude that Veronica from WIlly Wonka's chocolate factory had for a golden egg.

9:26 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

That is interesting, people are interesting to me, more than strange, but they are strange as well!

5:24 PM  
Blogger geeksters said...

I love sitting in massage chairs, while sales people keep walking past and wondering if I'm ever going to get out.

I hate the forced sympathy people are asking for when they tell strangers about their problems. Hopefully your massage cancelled out the annoyance:)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

People are strange, yet amusing. You know where I find myself in the strangest conversations with strangers? The lingerie section of any discount store. I’m just trying to find some undies, and no, I don’t know if your husband would like that bra on you.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Ummm...yeah...that guy was odd. But, what I'm fascinated by is this sex toy that's being called a "massager". wtf?!?

-Crystal

1:22 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i love each and every comment.

you guys are funny.

and fun.

and i'm being pretty nice seeings how it's monday!

1:39 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

mmmmmm massage . . .

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home