Monday, July 24, 2006

First Magazine

I LOVE First Magazine. it's cheap, full of articles geared for the ADD adult and, after you've finished reading the ton of "useful" info, the end of the mag has games & puzzles. Again, perfect for the ADD adult.

After about the 78th copy I've read, I noticed they always have a "Health Alert" section. It dawned on me this morning as i felt compelled to take a potassium tablet because of the article i had read earlier about potassium deficiency (PD) and, oddly enough, I had all the symptoms of PD.

Which reminded me of the time i realized i had to give up flouride because that probably has been what my problem was...flouride poisoning as i had all those symptoms as well.

and zinc deficiency...and overload of vegetable oil...and pesticide exposure...and dust mites...and...well you get the idea...

So i gathered 5 random copies i had laying around of First and here are the symptoms listed each week in the little "symptom box":

Unexplained Fatigue
Headaches
Dizziness
Depression
Weight Gain
Brain Fog
Food cravings

Umm...who does not have these pretty much on a daily basis? I think they might be tom foolering me...

11 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

Argh, i keep trying to post and i get nixed!

If this makes it, i will be thrilled...

Mags tend to repeat themselves

repeat themselves

repeat themselves

I used to read COSMOPOLITAN but i started to notice over the years that it was always the same few topics being rehashed.

I still read it on occasion tho :o)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Yeah, I think they got your goat.

Every single person I know has those daily symptoms. I'm the queen of those symptoms myself.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

symptom box - i love it!!!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

I get that once and a while. It's called a HANGOVER.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

hahahaaa....yes, i'm addicted. it's really crap info but i love crap.

you're just a queen period.

slinky. slinky.

HAHAHA! that's classic. i love you carrie. yer my girl...

1:11 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Stupid magazines. I only read them in the crapper. I have those symptoms just about every day, maybe I'm on my deathbed and don't know it.

1:40 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

or as americans, none of us get the vitamins we need.

i'm back!!! missed you!

2:05 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

whaaa....these happen not just every day, but all at once. throw in minor heart attack as well. that happened to me today. i swear.

2:22 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

you're pretty sharp!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Same symptoms, different name... I wonder if this is a cousin of same sh't, different day.

3:52 PM  
Blogger karen said...

You always make me laugh! I have a friend who is paranoid about stuff like that. Her and her mom didn't have a microwave for like 10 yrs because of the radio waves...

Kleo is so right- I am so sick of Cosmo- it is the same thing over and over again...

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home