Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Old Friends...

I went out with an old friend this past weekend. I hadn't seen her since i was 25ish and she still pretty much looks the same.

she even parties the same...sans drugs.

so we went to my favorite, dangerous local bar and it's been shut down temporarily losing it's liquor license - surprise! but, not to be defeated, we went to the pizza parlor right next door and ordered a pitcher of beer.

then we went to the liquor store and bought a pint of vodka.

then we ordered a cab. at the next bar, we only had two drinks before Darian was completely hammered. It was kinda nice not being the one to be babysat for once. so i ordered us a cab home and we passed out.

i woke up the next morning to a counter full of all the food i had in my fridge. my yummy pizza that i was saving was gone. i ordered like 7 pounds of different kinds of nuts and they had all been broken in to. and these were RE-SEALABLE bags that were torn totally wrong so i can now NOT use the nifty built-in seal.

the one that really made me mad was the pine nuts. those are expensive and half the bag was gone.

but what was even worse was a few days later when i was picking up dog poo in my back yard, their poo's looked like snickers bars: full of pine nuts!

guess Darian wasn't the only one with the midnight munchies...

13 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Sometimes old friends are "old friends" for a reason. I'm just sayin.

I'm back mami! Did you miss me????

10:00 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Naughty Naughty!!!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

amen sisters...

10:39 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Uh oh! I love me some pine nuts, I'd be mad too.

12:20 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

lol! i'd tear open your pine nuts, too.

1:05 PM  
Blogger karen said...

See, I am so anal... I would totally be annoyed. Mi casa es su casa, unless you mess up my stuff. If someone opens a box from the wrong end, so that the tabs don't work, it bothers me. LOL! But zip lock bags torn open- so not cool. Especially nuts- they are almost all expensive... And the dogs got to share- argggh!

4:01 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

look on the bright side--at least they got their protein.
;)

8:10 PM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

Oh, I think Karen and I are from the same mold. Don't mess with my stuff. I'm anal and I know it. My friends know it too so I hope they would think twice before doing that.
When we share peanuts with Simon, we say he has Oh! Henry poos. (Extremely yummy chocolate bar here in Canada)
I wasn't around for your Sunday post. I was recovering from the second worst hangover of my life. Geez, you'd think after years of drinking experience I'd have a handle on this. It was Ned (I work with him) and his cursed Scotch shots.
But I did want to comment. YOU ROCK TK and don't let ANYONE, mostly yourself, lead you to believe otherwise!!)

9:27 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Make new friends but keep the old... one is silver and the other gold...

You party girl you. Guess we differ that way, i never let it hang loose like that! (Pisces peeps have to watch the alcohol and other ingestible feel-good stuff...!)

I have to tell you this story 'cause yer doggy doo reminder reminded me:

I rescued a cocker before Mattie came into my life and i "owned" Sandi (short for Sandi Ego... as in San Diego!) for just a few years before she passed away from Cushing's Disease (heartbreak No. 613).

Anyway, Sandi was the brattiest dog ever but Dog did i love her. Also a blonde cocker spaniel, she was a chunkster whom i tried to get to lose weight but she would eat everything she could everywhere all the time!

So you can probably get the "punch line" to this story before i get to it, TK. At my parents' house, there was and is always a box of Crayola 64's (i have 12 nephews and nieces) ... you know the one i mean, all the colours and they smell so much like childhood and come in the coolest words, magenta and cornflower blue and burnt sienna...

So guess who ate the entire box not once but twice in her life, at least that amount in the 2 years i "had" Sandi? And can i tell you how beautiful her poop was on both occasions? I swear, i wanted to photograph it. If i'd had a digital camera in those daze, you'd be seeing it today on line. I mean gorgeous, gorgeous waxy colourful poop. Like Picasso, only smellier!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Hi there! Just checking in... hope all is well...any plans for the weekend? Hope to see you over at Veggin Out soon!

6:39 AM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

hahah sounds like one crazy evening.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i find the older i get, the more rigid i am too aboutmy stuff. not about everything; just some things...and that's okay....

and thanks Carrie...you rock too...

kleo! That was so funny!!! i'll bet they were poo-eautiful. that is really a classic. cornflower poo.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

While we are on the subject of of bodily occurances (noises and not) I ate quite a it of rosted beets this week. Talk about pur-poo-ti-ful.

Our wonderful pup has done this on rare occassion.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home