Wednesday, July 05, 2006

the greatest book in the world

i just read Secrets of the Millionaire Mind and i loved it. i always read cheezy get rich quick books because...well, you all know i just wanna be rich! but when a cheezy get rich quick book uses the philosophy of Wayne Dyer and The Four Agreements and every walking guru on this earth, it grabbed my attention. I highly recommend this read...

Something is eating my tomatoes. i can't see any worms. what is it???

I took Kody and Betsy hiking Sunday in Tahoe and it was crowded as shit. Betsy did so well; but, she had no problem taking off with other families. Like she had already forgotten that it was ME who saved her ass! but they both tore their pads a bit and that kept them down for the rest of the weekend and that makes mommy very happy. i should just tear their pads every friday night, so i can have quiet weekends.

i didn't take a picture of my first recipe from Dreena's books but it wasn't very photogenic. however, it WAS delicious! Chickpea Mash Stew...i had it sober and then drunk and either time made the flavors meld or the alcohol livened up my taste buds because i think i shed a tear while i polished it off!

I started my 2nd job too on monday. another waitress "forgot" to show up so it was basically Debby running the whole floor and it got crazy; i got sweaty and she made bank. i love waitressing though...it's fast and busy. and every day you walk home with cash. pure unadulterated cold hard cash.

i actually have work to do today. i'm going to get it done this morning so i have the rest of the day to check out my favorite blogs.

oh, and i'm getting my real estate license. the only way for an uneducated person to make dough. me uneducated...

14 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

my 2nd job is for a real estate company. Let me know if you need a job. :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I wish I had a head for real estate, or anything that made money really. Glad you’re enjoying the waitressing.

9:49 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

my goodness, you're busy! be sure to take time to smell the chickpeas.

12:58 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

it is KEY to taste a dish both sober and drunk!

4:20 PM  
Blogger karen said...

lol! I need to try the sober/drunk taste test!! I also need to try the chickpea stew. I was never a waitress, but my friend loved it, she stil works one night a week for extra cash.

5:06 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your waitressing job.. it is a lot of fun sometimes.. (I always felt like i was working for myself and had complete control unless the stupid kitchen screwed up.. geez, I am such a control freak!) Good luck with your real estate license.. I've known several people who made a lot of money that way.

re: Kimchee.. I've been eating several tbsp with lunch and dinner as a digestive, but I also made a Reuben out of it (I put caraway seeds in mine) instead of the sauerkraut and it was aweseome.. I also mixed some into fried rice.. and mixed some into my mooshi veggies and tofu. I think I topped some veggie burgers with it as well.. I am so weird.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

Such a busy girl. I've been super tired lately and it's pissing me off. I spend all day working and then just want to come home and crawl into bed. I'm missing the summer damnit! Your post has exhausted me and typing this has just done me in. I'm going for a nap.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

what's your first job???

hey, can you sell my house? we've been trying for two summers now & have gotten a bunch of nothing. it's really cute ... it's just in the ghetto (ha).

9:30 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

cool, i have two friends in real estate . . . they work for remax and say they really like the integrity there. that's cool because most of the time when i think of real estate i think "slimy" . . . but remax . . . maybe not so slimy. plus tanya is NOT slimy.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

I bought my son the book
The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach for his acceptance celebration. He has been running around telling DH and I all the money mistakes we have made and the reasons we aren't millionaires yet. I tell him just remember with kind thoughts the people who bought him the book in a few years.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

okay Val...get me a job in SJ. soi can pay a million for a house to boot. no!

you have a head for RE. it's your kind personality that'll get you that head.

hahauv....i always smell the cp's.

yes. there is something about walking away froma busy day with cash in your hand. it's like christmas for adults...i love it too!

Melody i have no idea what i'll do with my licnese. just thought it was a good goal to achieve. and i was worreid about leaving my kimchee out for 3 days...it won' mold??/

carrie, i know. i HATE being tired. i'm just on the top of my "buzz" right now...i'll fall soon enough. maybe you're too acidic? ('ve been reading alkalinize or die - i AM busy!)

autumn. i work for the state of california. such a agreat job. sucha life sucker. get the ghetto poeple to move out so your property value increases. don' tyou hate taht? becuase of their lifestyle, you have to suffer. just not right.

anything salesy Tabbies i think is slimy too. but nothing like car sales. poor people...they never get a break. although i loved my car sales lady. she was coolness. tanya NOT slimy. glad to see you. you know you're my original bloggy buddy who made me feel so welcomed here. don't go anywhere...

Dori. that was funny...at that age and then with a powerful book they DO think they know it all. that's why those peopel are rich...they know how to light others on fire. it's what the others will DO with thta fire...which is usually just fan the smoke out of th way. BUT NOT THIS TIME!!! i'm gonna make me a million bagillion dollars!!!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

ok, new post!!! Im bored!

1:44 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

my friend was a car salesmen for a while and he quit. he told me: "everything you hear about car salemen, is true."

5:34 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

I have too many jobs to keep straight. Good for you with what you are doing! Busy chick-pea, you!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home