Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Mendocino...

Aaaaah....who does NOT love the ocean??? Not me!! I mean...i LOVE the ocean..whatever!

it was a very long car ride and Kody was his usual whiny pain-in-the-ass self. but he's such a CUTE whiny pain-in-the-ass... He's wishing there was beer in that cooler; but, even if there was, mommy doesn't share...

i love this look. i can't get good pix with a $200 camera; but, you still get the idea:


Mendocino is a very lovely little beach town with darling little shops and cafes everywhere...and random splotches of beautiful flowers...

we found a super cute Irish pub where they were showing the World Cup game AND they allowed us to bring the dogs in...can you dig it?!?
this is kody right by my chair and this is betsy by daddy's chair...she's so spunky now!



above kevin's head was this huge, disGUSTING moose head ( i absolutely abhor those ) but what was hilarious is when Kody stood up to check out kevins plate, he saw'r it. he broke out in to a ferocious, deep, eardrum shattering bark...scared the crap out of the other patrons, which made me feel bad but i was secretly laughing inside...he's so funny!

after the pub we went to the ocean and spent a few hours letting the dogs sniff, roam, play, swim, irritate others, etc...





Kody loves sticks. small or BIG:

We arrived at our campsite and kody was hungry; but, alas...the cupboards were bare my dear boy...

Oh wait...there is one empty CL bottle. that was my doing (see how pretty the mist is though?)


Awww...here's kody when i just felt it was too cold for him...

K, now if you really want to make fun of me, check out my lame-ass tent. In my defense, i asked the man of the house if we should bring the tent stakes but he assured me we wouldn't need them...I think 'ass' is the only part of assured i'm assured of...

You think THAT'S bad? Here's our lame-ass tent the next day...

top that off with the incredible too-much-beer-and-excitement fart smells and it's enough to keep one home.

See how irritated Betsy is in the said stinky lame-ass tent?

20 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

Your dogs are sooo cute! I love the stick pic... Jorda, (my dog) always tries to find the biggest sticks possible and bring them home from our walks.. it's hilarious because she forces herself to carry these HUGE 6 foot sticks, but she won't drop them (until we make her).. she feels so proud of herself.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

kody is the exact same way. normally i don't mind but i'm assuming that's hurting his teeth?!?

but he loves it so why should i stop him...

12:59 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

looks like SOMEONE had a good time ;)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

you had more fun than me. and it's MY birthday! Phoooooooey! Jealous!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

aw :)

what nice pics to look at(love the trees on the road)! your dogs look like they had such a good time :)

1:42 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I am also in love with the ocean. Sometimes I think the only thing keeping me from moving back to WI is the fact that I would be so far from the beach. And cold. I’ve always wanted to visit the redwoods. Northern Cali just looks so pretty! And your doggies are so cute, they look like they had a great time too. I’ve had many a tent look worse in the AM than when I went to sleep. Ideally, one should set up the tent before it gets dark out. Or a case of beer is consumed.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

If that tent's a rockin, don't come a knockin!

I want a dog so badly!

I need to win the lotto and change my lifestyle. I will buy a house on the beach and have two dogs. Yeah!

3:32 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

awesome pictures! looks like you had fun~
i went to the river yesterday and there was this half husky half malamute that kept stealing all the sticks from all the other dogs . . . but he was BEAUTIFUL!!

there was also a dog with HUGE tits, a man in a bikini top and a woman with a goatee (not kidding).

it was a GREAT day at the beach!

4:04 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Great, great photos. I was just in Mendocino a few months ago. I was right where you were from the looks of things! HOW COOL to see this. Nice job with the four-leggeds. They look totally happy out on the beach and camping up a storm!

You know i'm all about the beach... come down to SD and stay with me and we'll hit some of the doggie friendly ones here, TK!!

6:16 PM  
Blogger deb said...

I should have been there. Next time take me take me take me!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

have i told you today how much i love reading your blog?! great photo story, & kody is a superstar.

7:03 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

welcome to the shit for tent club.

7:29 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

That is too much cuteness for one post. You should have broken it up into two man.

and NICE TENT hahahah

Teddy

8:18 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

That was a mighty big stick for such a cute dog. Our dog does that to, it's pretty funny. To bad on the tent, sounds like a great weekend.

Hope your belly is better.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Kuntal Joisher said...

yoo!! those are some really cute pics.. the tent did seem funny.. heh.. :-P

11:46 PM  
Blogger ads510 said...

that was a pretty sad tent! one time we were out camping and a pretty bad storm came and our tent (even with stakes) blew up out of the ground while we were in it. pretty scary stuff.

5:57 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

The dogs are co cute! Your get-away looks like great fun!

My dogs growl, bark, and visciously attack those stone lions that people have next to their front entryways (they're very popular in front of the big houses in our neighborhood) - every time we go for a walk I jump out of my skin because from their reaction I think we're being attacked (really it's the stupid stone statue that's being attacked)

10:33 AM  
Blogger MikeyPDX said...

Hehe...great shots. Kody's such a character. Betsy is looking well.

Hank always loved to carry these huge sticks, too. One time, he tried to bring a 6-foot stick in the house. After 4 attempts, clanking it against the doorframe every time, he dropped it, stared at it for about 30 seconds, looking it from end to end, then looked at me and came in the house without it.

8:19 AM  
Blogger MikeyPDX said...

Hi Melody - cute pit in your profile pic!

8:23 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Great post- looks like you guys had lots of fun with the puppers. And the tent...hilarious. I love reading your blog... :)

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home