Friday, July 14, 2006

Kevin is one LUCKY man!

'member how i said i'm amazed at some of the most embarrassing things i reveal about myself on my blog? well this one tops it all...

Yesterday i was talking to a co-worker about my relationship with Kevin and how much i love him; but there was just something missing. And then i remembered about the one time Kevin and i were walking down the street at lunch and he came up behind me and slipped his arm in mine. It shocked me becuase he rarely does things like that (well...what guy does???) and that's when it hit me!

So i met Kevin yesterday at the bonn lair for a pint and we talked about lots of stuff. I had my foot up on the table rocking my chair back & forth and my other leg stretched out, relaxed, enjoying myself. As usual, we eventually got around to the subject of us breaking up. I told him about the conversation i had with Kathi...how i love him so much and i could never put my finger on "it" - becuase he's so wonderful and yet something always seemed to be missing...

And then i explained to him about the time he slipped his arm through mine and that's when i realized, it was the affection that had been missing. I continued on to my finale of there really is no (and if you knew what was coming, you'd say DRUMROLL PLEASE!):

roooomaaaance....but, while i said the word romance, a very snappy, and quite loud, 3 second rumbler slipped out. when i say snappy, mind you it would have been snappy on it's own but i was sitting on a wooden chair as well. think an E.F. Hutton commercial. we stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity when he slowly said..."yeeesss...i just can't put my finger on it...."

amen.

19 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Oy! *hitting forhead with palm of hand*

You're a very classy lady, I must say!

bwwahahahahhahaaaaa

10:04 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

it slipped!!!

okay...it really didn't. i just didn't expect the volume. it ruined our moment.

now THAT'S love.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

LOL - yeah, I can imagine.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

what...did i offend people? cripes...it's MY blog and i'll fart if i want to!

1:03 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

ohmygod!!! the timing is too perfect. i say, ruined moments by farting is excellent.

1:11 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

LOL.. I love you... seriously.. you crack me up.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

phew...THERE you guys are!!! i was getting worried...

and THAT'S love!

1:29 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

that's AWESOME!!!

totally something I would do!

i burp and fart a lot . . . and jon wonders why he didn't just marry a lady instead of me . . .

you and i are soulmates tanya.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

never underestimate & always consider the silencer...

8:05 PM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

Kevin is one lucky man let me tell you. You, TK, are da bomb! Seriously, you write about things that happen to all of us, but we're too embarrassed to tell others about it. Like the time I walked into a glass door or fell off my chair in a crowded restaurant. Let's just not go there. (And yes, I was sober. Both times).

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up. I so can't wait until I get my dog so I'll finally have someone to blame my farts on.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Oh my! What timing. I spent several seconds chuckling before I could respond. Must have been the pint.

10:27 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

TK, i adore you.

This was funny, touching, sad and true - all at the same time.

And romance is something i miss as well... but that's been my choice in the men i've chosen to share my life with...

Mattie's farts smell like roses... don't YOUR dogs' also?!

2:23 AM  
Blogger Dreena said...

Embarrassing for you, a hoot (or toot?) for us!

funny lady you are, he's lucky to have you farts and all!

5:57 AM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

HAHAHAHA
your timing couldn't be any better
Teddy

9:33 AM  
Blogger karen said...

OMG!! This is so funny! My ex and I used to always say the romance was gone because neither of us would think twice about burping or farting in front of each other. \

Once he finished courting me (once he "got" me), he stopped being affectionate or romantic. It was one of the reasons I was so unhappy with him. And it made me doubt myself.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I must have missed you - I was at the Lair Thursday night.

11:56 PM  
Blogger ads510 said...

pregnancy has turned me into quite the gas ball...its always coming out of one end or the other. not a day goes by that scott doesn't say, "i sure married one helluva classy lady."

12:39 PM  
Blogger Senor Guano said...

That could only happen to you Tanya.
No one else.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home