Thursday, August 24, 2006

today (written yesterday)

I got up and ran 2.8 miles (no easy feat) made a nice breakfast, took a shower AND shaved, dressed and had a leisurely drive in.

I thought i looked nice but co-worker #1 says "Oh my! did you come to work in your jammies?? You look like you just rolled outta bed!"

Come to find out, i had my shirt on inside out. and it had buttons. Once i flipped it back i got an "Well that's a little better..."

At my desk, i pull off my back pack and before i even get a chance to log in, co-worker #2 comes up and says "Good morning!

Who did your hair?"

"Umm...me?"

Silence.

"You need to put it back up. It's all frizzy looking..."

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when i'm in the mood to do some TP'ing.

Later in the afternoon, it was employee appreciation day. a 45 minute long meeting held by my lovely boss (and that's not facetious - she really is great) about praises to all the good employees, the work they do and even recognitions of all employees BY other employees!

I could not have felt more useless than right at that point. they btter not ask me for computer help again...hmph.

course the others that hadn't been mentioned seemed completely undisturbed. but i actually had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat.

crap.

BUT just when i thought life couldn't get any worse; it didn't. i get to do a $200 notary tonight! just in time...

11 Comments:

Blogger Dori said...

Looks like you need some of the many (((hugs)))) and well wishes that I got yesterday. And when the going gets bad, remember forest, you know.... forest, forest gump and RUN. Run like the wind Tanya.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I come to work looking like I just rolled out of bed most every day, luckily my co-workers are too polite to comment. $200 for one job signing some papers? Methinks I need to become a notary.

1:04 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Wow, how rude of your co-workers. I'm glad you got the 200 buck job!

GREAT job with the running!

2:08 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

that sucks. i wish that i was witty, because i'd tell you a great line to throw at them the next time they asked you for help...but i'm not witty...you're pretty witty, i bet you can come up with a good one...

congrats on the run!! 2.8 is far!! 3.1 is a 5K wohoo!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

quit! I did. :D

2:32 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Tanya, I feel sorry for the people who criticize you, b/c they must not have much of a life.

From your photo, you look absolutely gorgeous. But more importantly, I know from your posts and your comments that you are also a beautiful person on the inside.

6:45 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Way to run, TK. I dress like a slob every single night and i have for 10 years at this job and did for 10 years at the previous job. I guess peeps at my work are used to it.

Sending good thoughts your way, TK!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

can we get some details regarding the shave?

7:37 PM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

Why do people say stuff like that?
All I have to say to that is

KARMA BABY!

10:25 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

hugs
dude screw them
it's work
who you trying to impress?
i also look like poo at work
the worst is i got a LOT of sleep this weekand everyone asked why i looked soo tired. whatever to them!

HA

Teddy

10:53 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

my friend texted me from her work today. it said: "my unders were on inside out all day today!"

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home