Monday, August 21, 2006

the weekend

first off: Betsy came through like a super champ. that girl has the will of iron. On other news, i have given Betsy to my neighbor. now before you all yell at me like my friend did, it was a very good decision for her. she's very needy and i do not, believe it or not, give her the love & attention she craves. however, janet does. she dotes over her hand & foot. and she still brings Betsy over during the week so neither dog gets lonely while we're at work. and betsy barely even comes to me...after all i did for her!!! she obviously adores janet and although that hurts my feelings, i'm super happy for the both of them. now i get my prick all to myself!!! hi kody!

we went to a musical this saturday night. a funny thing happened on the way to the forum. it was funny & colorful...and different. i've been lame lately and not doing much so that was a good way to do something involving life.

i'm doing good on the henner diet. i did have butter sat night but i was starving ad i coudlnt' resist...but i've yet to have sugar or alcohol in 8 days. that's a miracle for me...

12 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

way to go on the diet!

I know you did what was best for Betsy. I don't blame you at all. You're SUPER!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I completely understand why you gave Betsy to your friend. You can’t keep all the doggy love to yourself, good on you for sharing! It’s awesome that Kody and Betsy still get to hang while you’re away. Plus now you have room to take on another foster that needs your help, right?

I love musicals. It’s such a shame that the tix are always so damned expensive.

No sugar or alcohol good job! I can’t say I’ve done that well in the last week. But at least the alcohol I’ve been drinking is red wine, which we all know is totally good for you, unlike beer and margaritas. Ah, the things we tell ourselves. I finally saw a movie with Merilu Henner and know who she is! I feel so in the loop now.

10:53 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Good job with the diet...

and I think MORE of you for allowing her to goto a home where she can get 100%.. I'm glad you still get to see her though...

1:17 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

aw. i don't think you're evil for giving betsy to a neighbor. i feel that way about my dog sometimes too. she doesn't get the attention she deserves. i would only give her to my mom though, because she worships my mom. she's really nervous, she wouldn't be good with anyone else. poor girl. but, she'll have to tough it out with us, moms got a dog & my kid 4 days a week! don't feel bad about giving betsy away. it's nice you can still see her :)

2:17 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

no sugar or alcohol in 8 days?! stunning.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

thank you for your kinds words...my friend was really mad at me but what does she know. she thinks betsy wont survive without me and after seeing her sat night, i think she'll e JUST fine.

mmm..maragaritas and beeeerrr.....i wanna see Mamma Mia next.

yeah, paying good attnetion to your dog when you ahve kids could be hard. When Hayden is older he'll love the family dog like crazy...plus i'm sure she has a great life...

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowwweee! 8 days girl. You go! And don't for one second feel bad about giving Betsy to your neighbor. It's a perfect situation for everyone involved. Your friend was insensitive and mean for not understanding.

6:08 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

you must think we're mean dude
you did whats best for the dog despite it upsetting you. that is awesome. how could anyone be mad

You're awesome girly

teddy

9:37 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Wow, that is tough re: Betst. I don't know if i could be that strong to do that but you did the right thing for her... to put her needs before your own is LOVE in the most pure form.

*HUGS*

11:40 PM  
Blogger ads510 said...

great job on the diet...you'll be a size 4 in no time!

I love musicals too...we're going to be in NYC next week and we're going to see Wicked! I'm so excited.

You did what was best for Betsy, and that's all that matters!

7:30 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

I think it was very generous and sweet of you to give Betsy to your neighbor. It sounds like she will be ahppy, and you can still visit her.

2:12 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

wait. no alcohol for 8 days????


i love you!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home