Monday, August 14, 2006

Redneck Picnic

My neighbor invited me to join her saturday for a Sutter Hospital picnic in the Tallac Village. I'm thinking doctors, nurses, hospital staff...when we got there i saw people that usually hang out in the Tallac Lounge from 10am to 2pm.

huh?

I don't know my neighbor that well so i didn't want to appear judgemental. But i couldn't hide my disgust when we met the BBQ man and his two inbred offsprings.

He was grilling gobs and gobs of hotdogs and burgers when my neighbor asked him, ever so gently, if he'd mind grilling up our Boca burgers. Well you'd a thought we asked him to knit us a quilt! he shook his head, looked down, made some rude comments to his rat children and then they all laughed. it was the most awkward 30 seconds ever.

He's bitching and stressing that he's never cooked none of those before...again, my neighbor gently said not to worry; just throw 'em on and take 'em off.

"well you dont go no where. you stay right there til they're done"

I said "oh my!" and he mocked me "Oh my is raaaight"

then his spawned daughter said her brother dated a vegetarian and they all hated her. in fact, for her b'day dinner they made sure to put meat in everything. bacon in the potato salad, meat based gravy, ham & peas, etc...

just goes to show you: meat eaters CAN lack the ability to act human, moral, intelligent, compassionate, bright, kind, etc.

at least i'd like to think so...(except you Pinknest)

11 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

muther-effer! I'll kick him! You can eat whatever you want TANYA! I'll let you.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

i hear ya, give it up already people. i haven't had meat in almost over fifteen years and i still get stuff like "hey, can you eat ANIMAL crackers?". yeah, that was funny, in like sixth grade.

2:34 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

That is horrible!!!!

3:19 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

What a moron.. I'll bet he voted for bush too.. (or maybe not.. he may not have voted, but I'll bet he's a huge bush supporter in theory)

3:28 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Oh brother. People like that make me REALLY angry. Just totally non-compassionate, unkind and ignorant. So sorry you had to deal with that kind of person, TK. Grrrrrrrr!

5:36 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

lol! i think he was just an inbred imbecile.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Hi! Sorry it has taken me a while but I wanted to let you know that I have moved my blog! Yup! A new addy! It's http://harmonia.bloggoing.com - swing by and check it out when you have time. My old one will still be active for the daily OM and blogroll. Hope to see you soon!

Yeah. 13 years=no meat and I still get...can you eat mushrooms? "a such and such salad with no meat? ahaha...don't you just want a tossed salad?" Are you buddist? blah. blah. blah. Stereotypes.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Dude, sometimes people just suck like that. I kind of feel sorry for them.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Senor Guano said...

This is why I feel sometimes that Sacramento is the Riverside of Northern Caliornia.

Tanya how did we end up here?

I feel I should be on the coast in maybe Capitola, and I think you would like to be in Maine.

The town has a lot of dip shit inbred rednecks like the one you encountered.

10:41 AM  
Blogger whipcreamy said...

yeah, with vegetarianism and veganism comes questions and antagonism. it's one of those things that comes along with making that choice. i learned that when i shaved my head and had a mohawk. I LOVED the do, but I couldn't go anywhere without my hair being the subject of conversations...even if it was positive!

I went for a year without eating meat, but not cuz i decided i was a vegetarian, but because everyone around me was vegan. did that make me a vegetarian? cuz i hate labels...they're stupid. can't you just say, i choose not to eat meat and that's it? when the redneck at the grill gave you crap, couldn't you just tell him that you don't get the same orgasmic taste in your mouth when you eat meat? then i am sure he woulda backed off...right? ah, well...just some fartless thoughts.

11:14 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

something i've noticed since becoming a veggie, some meat eaters seem threatened by vegetarians and try to make them feel guitly for being a vegetarian or proove them wrong for their choices or explain why they aren't a vegetarian . . . i don't care. i'm not trying to force my decisions on you, i'm not going to fight and argue, you don't have to be afraid of me . . . just let me make my decisions and i'll respect yours and we will have peaceful, happy, diverse lives.

sheesh.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home