Thursday, October 12, 2006

not so funny

i had something really funny to blog about but i cannot post pictures so it's pointless.

i'll figure out how to move my blog this weekend i think.

i'm getting my roof replaced in less than a week so here's to hoping we have a super stormy winter!

I had this coworker ask me last week if she could have a new mouse as hers was acting funny so i said "sure!" and brought her a "new" mouse. She said "uuh, no. i want a BRAND NEW one - right out of the box"

this is lame for a number of reasons: One. a mouse is a stupid mouse. it's no more special if it's brand new...who cares? two: you're at work. what the hell do you care what kind of mouse you have? it's a mouse! okay...only two reasons.

So I tell her that she'll have to speak to her supervisor and have him order her a new mouse.

He comes up to me and asks me to get her a mouse. i told him the situation, that i gave her a mouse but she refused becuase she wanted a brand new mouse. he said "Just give her the mouse".

So i did. And i emailed her to let her know i replaced her mouse. i also tested the mouse, which worked fine and i used HER old mouse on another pc and it worked fine there.

Tuesday i come in to work and she's standing in her cube doorway, aaaaaall of her bad self exclaiming "I want my old mouse back. This one doen'st work"

"what's wrong with it? I tested it Friday and it worked fine."

"I don't know..it just jumps all over the place."

So i ask her:

"can i see what it's doing?"

"No."

i giggle in shock a little here..."really? I just want to see what it's doing so maybe i can figure it out...can you please show me what it's doing?"

Now i'm really asking her to show me becuase i KNOW the mouse works. but she defiantly says "No. I"m not going to show you. i want my old mouse back!"

I'm bored with this story my self so to make it shorter i go to her boss to warn him waht's coming and sure enough she goes in and bitches and accuses me of looking for cars on work time (which i was doing only slightly occasionally). I peeked in his cube to apologize for what he has to go through and that i bought a 96 Toyota Avalon.

walking back from Kathis cube (which is the funny email i originally wanted to blog about) Coworker #2 (you might remember her from a few blogs ago where she mentioned that i need to put my hair up becuase it didn't look good) stands with aaaaaaall her self in her cube door way and demands that i get her mouse NOW!

I'm not shitting you. "Now!", she says. i simply told her 'no'. and thank God, others in my office also don't like her so i don't feel so all alone.

so, that's my drama. And i'm greatful for it as it makes my days exciting. i still just wish i'd win the damn lottery.

6 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

that is sooo funny.
good times in the workplace!

9:36 AM  
Blogger ads510 said...

what a snatch. there is no reason to act like a two year old over a damn mouse... You should totally do some sort of prank on her. Maybe put her favorite mouse in a jello mold. always good times.

12:09 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

lol!!! wow, you work with some intolerable people. oooh the sabotage.

4:48 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Like I tell my husband about peeps like her, it' NOT JUST YOU. She's crackers.

And the funny thing is--I hope my DUH moment cheers you up--is that it took me awhile to realize you were talking about a computer mouse. I was thinking, "How cool that she can have a pet at work."

6:08 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Yeah. I couldn't pull up blogger blogs yesterday either. Before that they wouldn't let me log in to comment. I have used blogdrive...I don't suggest it. I have also used blogsome.com which is great but the templates get old fast - that is why I switched to blogging.com. Both blogsome and bloggoing use the wordpress platform. When and if you move...let me know they URL! I don't want to lose touch! I love your blog!

6:13 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

I'd've given her a printed photo of Mickey or Minnie or Mighty or Jerry (of Tom & Jerry fame) and said, "Here's yer new mouse! Enjoy!"

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home