Wednesday, December 28, 2005

home improvements

thank you to all for your congrats. i still pinch myself that i'm actually starting a new job in less than 2 weeks. i'll feel part of the world again instead of surfing the internet for 8.5 hours a day. sometimes 8 when i take a long lunch.

My brother, Eric, is staying at my house for a few days and doing home improvements for me. i cannot tell you how awesome that is. i pulled my carpets like 2 years ago and left the shaggy ends in the hallways and doorways....he put down carpet tacking yesterday which makes a huge difference. then he put in a new kitchen light, Monday we ordered charcoal floor tile for the kitchen


and also bought two solar tubes.


one for the kitchen and one for the living room. it'll look HOT! if i were rich, my roof would be made of glass. love that look!

anyway, hope everyone had a great christmas and hope everyone has an awesomely fun new year!~

7 Comments:

Blogger bscarter said...

Can I borrow $5 now that you're employed?

1:24 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

of course, in fact, i'll send you $10!

see how important you are to me?

1:50 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Are you all done with your old job? That would be bitchin' to have two weeks off about right now. Those solar tubes are awesome!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

no. but, oddly enough, i do not feel compelled to take time off. i might do like friday or seomthing. since i'm working only 4 hours anyway.

yes they are. i thought my brother would have them in today since it stopped raining but my tub gave him more trouble than we thought. it's not leaking naymore!!! yay.

ever notice how hard the verfication words are? and then when you screw up they give you like a really easy one?

3:48 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

at first i thought that picture was of your house and i was like "wow tanya! that's gorgeous!" :)

are you saying that my job isn't real? i surf the internet about 7 hours a day . . . ok, i'm being sarcastic. i know my job isn't real.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i'm still shocked that RM got an earload from CHG!

no, but i WISH that was my house. of course, i'll post a pix when it's done.

now remembr: lower your expectations from those pix posted!!!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Nice to have a handy man around.

Me, I have to beg friends of friends. AND pay them. Whatever. I quit.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home