Thursday, December 15, 2005

Mmmm...money...

i have a big fat check coming in a few weeks and I'm excited and scared. The latter because i SUCK at handling money.

here is a list of possibilities i have for that money:

putting the bulk in ING Direct.com and waiting for my car to die
replace ugly white lino in kitchen with beautiful warm tile
adding two solar panels in my living room
replacing all my old crank windows that now leak water and my heat
re-doing my back yard so that it can sustain me wholly (including my chickens!)
re-doing front yard so neighbors don't hate me
gambling

man, i can't wait.

In February, i'll be 40. 40 years old. I look 39 and act 16 so i think i'm still okay. but it's setting in that i'm not a 20 year old anymore. Hard for me. I'd be like Bridget Bardot if i were famous...accepting aging ungracefully.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gamble with it, for sure. You only live once.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I vote for the backyard! I want chickens and maybe a goat or two one day so I can have my own sustainable/ethical/enviro- friendly source of dairy and eggs. My boyfriend thinks I’m crazy :)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Mmmm...daaairryyyy....i just don't think you can get dairy unless your goat is preggers. I'll stick with whole foods dairy when i'm really craving cheese.

but the egg thing: i thought that'd be fun! except kody might think so too!

i just won $4 on the lottery...i'm on my way!!!

1:48 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i say yard, solar panels or the car thing . . .although soon no one will be able to afford to drive so only get a car if you can run it off of biodeisel that you make yourself or something . . .

wish i had a bonus check coming . . . i work for nonprofit so we just get shit all year round.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

oh no. it ain't no bonus. it's a big fat check against my home. but i need it.

although i just looked at my credit card and i went a little overboard. BOY do i need money! and not the kind i have to pay back!

8:20 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i HATE credit cards . . . but we have used ours for alllll the christmas gifts this year (we have no real money . . .) holidays are hard . . .

9:36 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I say gamble it!!! I'm from NV, so maybe I"m a bit biased. :)

2nd choice would be windows (if you HAVE to spend it on your house)

btw, do you sometimes find it hard to understand the damn letters you have to enter for "word verification"?

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home