Wednesday, November 23, 2005

can one get too personal on here?

I'm in Bellingham. I flew in on sunday becuase my mom is in the hospital. she has spinal meningitis. i've stayed at the hospital sunday and monday and last night i decided i did not want to stay there and watch her struggle to breathe.

so i went to the bar. and there i was the star becuase the whole town knows my brother. oddly enough i only stayed for two pints becuase the last thing i need right now is a DUI in my mothers car.

I felt like i needed to nest so i went to the store, got my faithful ol' six-pack and headed to mom's house. t was nice to party by myself (well except for the lovely company of mom's dogs). and it felt nice to be away from everyone, the smell, the sounds, the homesickness. I made banana bread, played with the dogs, cleaned the shit ouf of this place and had sex and the city in the background.

now it's a new day. I've fed the dogs, showered and will take about 30 minutes to work on this dread that's developed under my hair. i tried to work it sunday but mom doesn't use conditioner so i had to walk around with a "second head" on my neck.

Nice vacation, eh?

7 Comments:

Blogger tabitha jane said...

oh friend! i'm sorry! i hope your mom gets better very soon! does that mean you will be with her for thanksgiving?

hey, if you drive back home, you could stop by my place in portland . . . .

9:43 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. Glad you had a chance to take some time for yourself last night. Hope she has a quick recovery, I’m sending good thoughts your way.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Get well soon, Mami of mama!

Drive safely!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Bicycle!Bicycle! said...

The universe works in very mysterious ways, doesn't it? To think you already had your time off approved and then this happened.

I hope you found beer that isn't filtered with animal charcoal (whatever that is).

And I love the dread. I don't know why you continue to fight it.

Kody is doing great and is bonding with new people. He does miss his momma but he thinks you'll be "right back" like you always tell him.

You're a good daughter. Your mom gets an extended Thanksgiving this year.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

I jjust love everyone here. thank you for your thoughts and kind words. and tabitha that's just been on my mind. i'm flying out of seattle and i forget, you're 3 hours from there!!!

someday soon, my good friend...

1:19 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

well . . . next time i suppose.

how's your mom?

11:13 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I hope your mom is better soon!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home