Monday, November 14, 2005

Priorities...

Friday morning i went to starbucks in my jammy bottoms and, not highly usual, a matching tshirt. And, as always, no bra. In Starbucks were nothing less than perfect people. Two very handsome men and one very pretty girl. All coifed, smelling nice and ready to start their day.

Me: disheveled, wrinkled (clothes and pillow lines on face), and probably slightly smelly since i don't shower until i starbuck.

But inside of me feels beautiful so i hope to make eye contact to get the validation apparantely i still need. None. Got zippo. Zero. They looked right through me as if i weren't even there.

I resolved "That's it!!! I'm losing this last 15 pounds, combing my hair every day and brushing my teeth!"

I got my coffee while licking my ugly wounds and sat at the table near the door. But not before admiring my beatufiul doggie sitting proudly in the passenger seat, window open, slightly scaring passerbys, not taking his eyes off the very area his mum disappeared to.

He's so fucking cute.

Back at the table, I read this article about this world famous belly dancer who used to dance for kings and princes and performed at the World Fair. She was so popular, people climbed trees to watch her dance. and who, for the last 30 something years, has been passing out blankets and spaghetti to homeless people.

And then came the story about the woman who, while practicing on one of her helicopter flights to complete her pilots license, crashed and drug herself two football fields to get help.

she's in a full body cast and will resume her flight practice when she can walk again.

Suddenly, 15 pounds and hairy teeth seemed pretty trivial. But, then again, so did my life.

What to do with this one life? And why do these questions burn my brain mostly on Mondays? I thought i was smarter than this...

7 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

um. no. i ain't shakin' this belly for no one. someone could get hurt!

but my girlfriend, who also wanted me to join, went and she LOVED it!

so, go, go and let me know, know.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Bicycle!Bicycle! said...

You could always dedicate your life to my comfort and happiness...

3:11 PM  
Blogger ramblin' girl said...

you are. don't let Monday get to ya! have a great week.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Perfect looking people are more miserable than they let on…at least that’s what I tell myself. I hate those days that make you wonder about what exactly it is you’re doing with your life. Stupid Monday. Oh, the monotony…

1:23 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

hmm..monotony/monday

lot's of similar letter.

aww...tanks undr!

Um..sonya? that drink? helloooo?

RG: you're so very level headed. I wish i was morelike that .

1:38 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i hate mondays. and starbucks. because they both remind me that i have sold out.


i took belly dancing lessons! it was so fun! all these women of different shapes, sizes, ages, etc dancing together! our teacher had this belly that hung out and she was pretty short but man, could she move!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Foster Bass said...

I thing pajamas are sexy, so I would have made eye contact.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home