Sunday, November 27, 2005

mom's ok

I should have prefaced my previous blog with the fact taht she will outlive all her kids. I predict her death at 138.

She came to and actually spoke Friday night; the night i left. Hmmm....I guess now i can say I am her least favorite kid of all 7.

But that's okay...i have other qualities.

It does feel so very good to be home. I missed Peng, Kody, my friends, my bed, my routine, my foundation.

Bellingham is very beautiful. I think i might live there if it weren't for the fact that i need a job. Eric (my older bro) and I got there Sunday afternoon and rented a car in Seattle for the hour and a half drive to b'ham. We partied before we left, on the plane and on teh way up. I know; very irresponsible and immature but what to feel when you think you might lose your last parent? When we got to the hospital, she didn't look good. Open mouth, labored breathing, weird impending doom smell...

I stayed in the hospital that night and the next but on the 3rd i couldn't do it anymore. that's when i went ot mom's and cleaned, baked, drank and watched tv with her doggies.

her brain swelling is down and, as i mentioned earlier, she has fully come to. But the trip ended up being about me feeling, again, like i try to be a good daughter - even though our relationship sucks. In her house she has pictures of my other brothers (excluding Mike, unfortunately - but he really was her fav) but none of me. uh oh...what is this salty discharge!?!?

Time for a drink!~

hahah...no. really waht i wanted to blog about last SUnday was Peng and I's volunteer day at the Farm Sanctuary in Orland, California (near Chico). Loretta Swit was there and i served her!

maybe another day...i hope y'all had a lovely, warm thanksgiving and i thank you truly for all your kind words and concern. "Family" has other definitions you know... ; )

4 Comments:

Blogger Senor Guano said...

The lack of pictures of you may hurt. But is does not define who you are.
Who you are now is what matters.
You are a good person.
Look in the mirror and tell yourself that. Time to believe.

10:44 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i know what you mean about not being able to be good enough for your parents to accept you and love you just the way you are . . . it's rough. but i'm glad you love her still. she needs that. you need that.


i'm glad i "met" you -- you enrich my life!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

We are family....I've got all my sisters and me..sing it. I feel like I have an entire family on this darn thing called blogger.

You are a good person don't ever let anyone else tell you that.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

awww...i'm getting that salty discharge again!!! youguysSTOPIT!

but thank you...the people that love me, reeeeeally love me so that does mean somthing!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home