Monday, May 08, 2006

holy crap...

who knew you could get so much done when you don't drink???

Sunday is my "party" day because house chores are super boring unless you're buzzed. well...life can be super boring unless you're buzzed. Or maybe i'm just super self-centered. neither here nor there...i just know yesterday was so productive.

here's what you can do when you're not hammered: take dogs to park, grocery shop, home depot shop, plant flowers , do 4 loads of laundry, switch out fall bedroom colors and replace with spring ones (notice Kody in the mirror?), watch 4 episodes of the Jack Bauer show, aka 24, shower, shit & shave AND cook a lovely dinner for yourself: .

If i'd been drinking, the plants would still be in their original planter thingies, the laundry would be molding in the washer, kody would be super bored as he didn't get to go the park becuase mommy is acting "funny" again and I would have had to re-watch 4 episodes of 24. BUT i would have played endless games of Lingo on the web.

hmm....

OH and Betsy is eating so very well now...she's so much happier. i am afraid she does have some neurological damage; however. she does still stumble when she walks so i don't think it's about being starved and weak. but, if she can live with it, so can i.
there she is mid-wag...so fucking cute!

8 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

OMG, I love days like that. Was like that for me too yesterday. I'm glad you had a good productive weekend.

Dane is my friend that I posted about a few posts ago.

8:52 AM  
Blogger ads510 said...

i had the opposite of that kind of day...laid on the couch all day doing nothing, watching mythbusters, being bored, and then wondering why, at 7pm, I hadn't gotten anything done all day. i suck.

9:24 AM  
Blogger MikeyPDX said...

Good for you! I finally got caught up on '24' also.

2:14 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Lovely, lovely garden. Nice to see Betsy waggin' the tail! I don't drink (alcohol) but sometimes I wish I did!!!

5:08 PM  
Blogger karen said...

What a beautiful house and garden! And an adorable doggie! You just gave me an idea to try housework buzzed! :P

5:34 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

you are so effing efficient!

i partied until 2 am saturday . . .

but i turned in my app!!!!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

don't get me wrong! i love days where i dont' do shit. i've just had waaaaay too many of them

GD - did you see last nights 24? with the plane on the freeway??? hello!!! i think the pilot knows better!

kleo - no you don't. drinking very bad. very, very, very bad. thank you for the compliment about my garden though .it really IS pretty!!! i'm so proud of myself.

i'll take a pix of it in a month and we'll see the difference ; )

it really is fun karen. but you get somewhat unproductive as the day winds down and the consumption ramps up. not a good combo.

HI TABBYS!! i wish i was with you saturday. that sounds funner.

1:35 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

it wasn't funner.

between you and me, it was sort of white trash.

they only had bud light and jell-o shots.

and the one thing (6 bottles) of fat tire that i brought.

and burgers. with meat.

and racists.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home