Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Oh. My. God.

Well, I got kicked off jury duty. I made a comment during the trial, under my breath, to my co-juror and somehow it was overheard by someone. The lawyer? A co-juror? I don’t know; but I was pretty devastated. I even cried while I was being questioned. I felt like I was on trial. Of course after I left, I had plenty to defend myself. I AM completely impartial. I have no idea if Carline was involved in the death of her very own 3 year old or if her boyfriend/roommate was responsible. Or if it really was an accident. So as a juror i'm completely impartial and now that it has been brought to my attnetion - that i have a big mouth, i'd actually keep it closed.

but no matter. Even though i was only one of seven people talking about the toddler's shoes, i got thrown off.

Anyway, really, the problem is…it’s not that I’m not on a child murder case anymore; but, that I have to go back to work and I don’t want to.

How friggin’ sad is that?

But on a lighter note, last Saturday we celebrated Sally’s birthday and Kevin and I sung "baby it’s cold outside" and got a standing ovation! It was a whirlwind of fun and I met some great people (and some not-so-great people) and was home by I have no idea. So enjoy the pictures and please note how great my hair looks!

Here is the beginning of the night. As you can tell, Sally is already piped and grabbing my baby's weenie.


And before we left Sally's house for the massive party:


Here's Sally and I drunk and damn we aren't too hideous!


This is Kevin and I singing "Baby, it's cold outside" where we got a standing ovation!!!


and here we all our pre-super-hammered:


So yeah...i got kicked off the jury. I'm sad. Embarrassed. But i have great friends to help me forget it all...

4 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

"Baby It's Cold Outside" in California? Try Michigan right about now, and you'll sing it like you really mean it! Sorry you lost your sweet gig at the Court...

4:39 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

that would be embarassing....what did you say?

5:08 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

oh i'm SURE you'll be picked for jury duty soon enough.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i really said nothing. it was the bitch behind me that wanted my seat so she told. here are the things i said "oh no...not the shoes again" "Hmm..i really would have liked to have heard that answer" and some other random cmmnet.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home