Friday, November 09, 2007

Kody

Any time I'm away from home and return, I always go crazy when I see Kody. I get so excited that I beat him on his ass and then mimic a chirp that he might do if I really hurt him.
And I'm REALLY good at this dog chirp. I sound just like a dog would if you stepped on his foot.

This makes me wonder, sometimes, what the neighbors might think. Do they think I abuse my dog? What if they call animal control and file a complaint?
I'd be so ready. In fact, I'd probably laugh at the officer on my doorstep, at the silly idea that I abuse my dog. In double fact, I'd invite him/her in to show him/her how abused Kody really is...

Here is my book that I refer to often when Kody is 'under the weather'. Or when he's eaten a shoe:



And here are his preventative meds and stuff I use to keep him free of ticks & fleas when i take him on any of his many hikes all over California:


And before we GO on those hikes, this is what I use to prepare his pads for the rugged terrain:


I started using tough foot when his $85 shoes kept ripping.


But if Kody is not in the mood to go hiking, then he's free to play with the many toys littered all over my...excuse me...his house:





Playing with all those toys can be exhausting, so I gave him a way to go outside and relax whenever he wants by cutting a hole in my house. Just for him:


And when he comes back from sunning himself, sometimes he likes to go for a bike ride in his very own, custom-made Kody Carrier:


(It's up for the winter)

Then there are the days when Kody just wants a good swim in the lake while his mommy kayaks. Just to be cautious I make him wear his life vest:

All this activity makes Kody hungry. He likes to stand by HIS cookie jar until I figure out he wants a cookie:

And when it's nap time, he's free to sleep on MY bed, littering it with tons of his hair. Which i eventually end up eating in my sleep.

While Kody naps, I have to get busy cleaning his house preparing for his next adventure:

So yes Officer...cuff me now becuase this is ONE abused boy:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? Comments are back? I knew you couldn't live without us.

Kody is one loved dog - there's no denying that. I think your chirp is You Tube worthy. Get it posted girl!

10:15 AM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

Ya the comments are back. lol.

That is so cute!!! You really love him.

And dude, that is a lot of dog hair! haha.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

I had to comment on THIS one...i knew my fellow bloggers would appreciate the story.

I'm so vain.

10:57 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

This dog has it better than OUR dog! This dog has it better than ME! Glad you put comments back- Remember, it's not the quantity, it's the quality....

8:22 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

yay...coments....

you evil mean dog person...were is kodys custom bathtub????

4:25 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

cute!!!! i LOVE this post!

right now, hudson is sleeping next to my bed wrapped up in a blanket that he stole from my roommate.

i think he has an ear infection . . . i let him swim in the ocean in november. i guess i am a bad mommy. i called the vet today and we'll go get him taken care of. we are also going to get him his lime disease vaccination so we can take him hiking without having to worry so much about ticks.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Yay, comments! I think you should leave comments open on all posts, but that's just me. I live in a house with a similarly "abused" animal. And now a new foster one, come to my blog for pix of cute little Mona!

10:03 AM  
Blogger fatwonkkid said...

so are you going to enable selective comments....

part of the fun of blog reading is comments.

5:47 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

$85 shoes and cookies?! i want.

8:14 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Kody is as spoiled as Bossa Nova.

10:26 AM  
Blogger deb said...

did you notice how clean your cow cookie jar is? it's sparkley!

7:52 PM  
Blogger deb said...

...and the get skinny cookbook sitting right next to the cookie jar. did you plan that?

7:54 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Precious!!!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger kt said...

wow and i thought my dogs were spoiled. :) the things we do for our furballs, right?

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home