Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Jury Duty...yes...that's right...jury duty again.

I got called, AGAIN, for jury duty and i was there all day yesterday. The first case was a DUI case and a hit & run. The defendant was totally pretty. I thought all criminals were ugly!

Needless to say it came down to the guy beside me as the one and only alternate and the rest of us were excused. I thought I was able to go home but when I check in they said “be back at 1:20”…fuck. But I came back and was called again at 3:00. They picked their 18 and half of them want hardship excuses so I’m hoping I get on this one because it is another month and a half case! My boss will be miffed but what can i do? I'm a popular juror!

And it’ll get me out of secretarial duties for the next 6 weeks : ) Everything happens for a reason.

Off to the gym...my 2nd week, my friends...i'm doing good. I even made a friend there!

8 Comments:

Blogger pinknest said...

you are so totally volunteering yourself for jury duty! i know it. you're one of those people that goes and listens to cases for sheer pleasure. yes!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Lucky you :)

Good job on going to the gym!

Our foster is doing great, she's opening up a little and the new diet seems to be agreeing with her.

10:51 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

The thought of you being a juror at my trial has made me rethink my current behavior patterns....
Glad your work outs are working out! I had to say that, you know...

2:35 PM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

Wow i always thought people want to get out of jury duty. Must be really interesting!!

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A month and a half for a dui and hit and run? Wow! I'm jealous again. I always wanted to be on jury duty as well.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Sornie said...

I am proud to say that I have yet to serve my country in any way other than voting. That's the extent of my civic duties.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Congratulations! The jury duty & gym deserve high-fives! :)

9:06 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

the husband got called for jury duty in OREGON and we are in RHODE ISLAND! yeah right.

now that i have two jobs, i am going to start going to pilates again . . . cause i think i can afford it.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home