Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Crime

Today, Kevin and I rode home from work on our bikes heading to a garage that sells mopeds. YES i'm considering getting a moped "irregardless" of the fat chicks on moped jokes.

on the way, i told him about a blog i was considering writing. It would have been about "breaking the law is okay as long as you don't hurt anyone."

Now, I break the law ALL the time. They may be little infractions; but, they're illegal no less. Such as when Janet and I scaled the fence at the haunted house to drink beer on the porch. That's trespassing, folks; but, i didn't care. I wasn't hurting anyone and I certainly would not have left any empty bottles or cigarette butts there. That's just rude.

Or how about the time when we went to Angora Lakes and there was a canoe...just sitting there wanting to be floated. It's a crime to take it; but, are we hurting anyone? No, becuase we were just going to tool around for half hour or so and put it right back where we found it.

Now I know laws are really created for losers. because losers have no consideration for others. As an example, I told him about the time I went to Michelles house and saw these two people walking on the side of the street. She took out her last cigarette and threw the empty pack over her shoulder as if the world were hers.

i was appalled!!! APPALLED! How do you DO that?

So after our moped visit, i rode my bike home alone and came upon 3 people walking in front of me about 50 feet. The girl behind the couple threw her water bottle IN THE STREET! I rode past them and thought "no. you will go back"

So against my better judgement and with all the knowledge I've gained from Forensic Files and, hell! the Sacramento Bee, I turned around.

I said to her "Um, you dropped your water bottle."

"Yeah?"

"do you want me to go get it for you?"

"I don't wanit"

So I went back, picked up the bitches bottle and rode past them feeling like the whitest geek in the world. But i was the proudest, whitest geek in the world.

and maybe, even through her mocking laughter, she might retain what i did and just not litter the next time.

Maybe.

10 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

I've found holding up a cell phone and pointing at it like I'm gonna rat them out to the cops works pretty good...

4:43 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

have you seen the ad where the guy is always picking up things this guy drops and ultimately builds a sculpture out of it and puts it on his car and says 'you dropped something".....

4:52 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i doubt the police would scare these kids...and they'd just laugh at me again.

i HEARD about that. i think i used to litter when i was like 10 and really didn't know better. plus i don't think littering was a big deal way back then. NOW it's like HELL NO!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well said tanya...i litter the world with my bad jokes...mike with his puns...eric with his ultimate plans for the future...but hey..

8:00 AM  
Blogger deb said...

well when they get hit with the cal. $1000 fine they'll learn.

so a moped or a scooter. i've been considering the latter. it's perfect for where you live + shibby & green

hugs? happy humpday i'm off for my root canal. YAY!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

Why would someone just dump a water bottle on the sidewalk? Little assholes. You are obviously the better person for doing what you did. (I knew that before anyway - despite you being a law-breaker)

8:35 AM  
Blogger deb said...

plus you will not encourage fat jokes on the moped due to your new fabulous, fluitidy figure ;)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Adrianne said...

Very nice gesture. I have come to the conclusion that people are just slobs!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Theres fat girls on mopeds jokes?
I've been thinking of getting a scooter with the gas prices being what they are.

11:22 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

she will probably litter until the day global warming kills her.

good for you tanya! you are racking up good karma!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home