Sunday, June 10, 2007

Longest Blog Ever...

Sorry but it was the wildest and funnest weekend that i've had in a while so please forgive my lack of punctuation and lack of caps.

Friday night Janet and I (and Betsy & Kody) went to Streets of London with our usual ammo: a cribbage board and cards. We ordered two beers and played away. There is something about a cribbage board that brings out the spirit of all....but we certainly didn't need that to be the most popular of the crowd because I had Kody. He climbed up on the tables and before you think he was misbehaving, let it be known that this is him simply being gorgeous. Becuase HE IS so gorgeous...and funny....


that was him singing for his beer.

And i was trying to capture his pix on the table with my beer in front of him but this is where he's like me and took a stealing sip:



As the night progressed, Kody became more famous. This, by the way, did not equate to any free beer from his many admirer-ors but i suppose it was payment enough.



after this fun ass place, i decided i wanted to check out the haunted house at 22nd and H. So Janet bought us a 6 pack of 16 oz. bud..hahahahhah....gotta love that girl.

so here's the front of the house:

and here is the ever-criminal-highly-paid-normal-citizen Janet scaling the fence:


and CHECK THIS OUT! I've heard you cannot take a picture of the top floor so, of course, i have to try. I did and this is what we got..a picture of the top floor with ORBS!!!!



Can you see them?

Spirits, is what those are known as...So we climbed the fence and sat on the porch to have a beer. i feel nothing; no spirits, no smells, no whispers...or maybe i'm just too drunk. but no matter because a couple of guys cruise by and they see us on the porch and let us know that the house has cameras and most likely the cops are on their way. I cannot afford any trouble with the law so i high tail it over the fence, ripping my pants and bruising my entire body in the process; but, at least i'm not in jail.

After we jump the fence, we take this picture of the guy that warned us...more orbs: if you click to enlarge you'll see more:



Saturday Morning I went to Whole foods for my friend Kleo. It was a vegan fair to raise awareness for veganism. I love Whole Foods. It's beautiful, clean, and loaded with wonderful stuff you'd not find at a regular store. There was quite a turn out for the Vegan fair and that's always good to see. the farm sanctuary was there with their booth as was the Sacramento Vegetarian society. Which is who we hang out with every once in a great while for good get togethers.



These are vegan AND beautiful:



These desserts are NOT vegan but so beautiful:


So I do love Whole Foods but there is a reason they also call it Whole Paycheck. If, however, they opened one near my neighborhood i would only shop there.

The next day we went to the 2nd Saturday Art Walk. A supposed non-chalant evening that always turns out great because that's what we seem to ask the universe for.

we found the perfect parking spot and on our way out, there were a group of people playing street music that is just so addicting you can't help but yell and dance and join in....
This music went down the street and we followed gladly joining in when we could. so contagious...can you tell?

Here's me in my fabulous top that makes my boobs look gorgeous. They were even complimented by a gay guy! (no one complimented my on my belly roll, however)



And here is me and my best friend at the Depot singing and drinking...can life get any better?



So Sunday is a day of rest, right? But not for a mother of a rambunctious teenager. here are all the shots of trying to capture Kody jumping in to the pool: (the last one being the greatest)








After all the jumps, he's tired. and ain't he gorgeous?



But I really must say...what's really important in life is not a ghostly experience, a fabulous art find, an exciting new love, or the best cribbage hand ever; but, just a best friend that you love :)

17 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

Looked like more fun than jury duty! Cute dog or cute little kid- always an attention getter!

3:33 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Oops! Forgot to add- Both you and your friend looked drop dead hot!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

nice racks...sacramento right? I am on my way

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great way to sum it up TK. Sounds like a really fun weekend and you looked hot Saturday night. Great top for sure.

9:12 AM  
Blogger pinknest said...

gah! i want to have a drunken haunted house escapade!!!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

whole foods is the reason i can't afford to have another child. and ... the reason for my belly roll.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Great boobs!!!

and Kody....god I love that dog. He;s such a ham and loves the attention!

the pix of him jumping in the pool is GREAT!!!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Looks like a FUN weekend!
Whole Foods - - ohhh, you just can't beat their cheese selection.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Sornie said...

I have to agree with buffalo, there is a certain level of hotness in some of those pics. As for ghosts and all that, I don't think that drunk people can sense spirits. Just a thought.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

What an amazing weekend! That photo of Kody jumping in the pool is so really great!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Fun weekend fur sure. :) Kody is uite the swimmer. ahaha. Our new dog Ricky was a stray from a lake. We have discovered that he also likes to swim. So fun to watch them.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

What a great weekend, love all the pix! I once had a gay waiter tell me, “Honey, you’ve got cleavage from here to Cleveland.” Only a gay man could bestow such a compliment. I like your top, are you braless in that ting?

Whole Foods bulk section is my favorite, they’ve got everything. I bought some of their curried tofu salad from their deli for a picnic last Saturday, ounce for ounce more expensive than gold but damn it was tasty!

8:44 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

oh tanya, this post just reinforces all the wonderful things about your life: your friends, dog, sense of fun and adventure, your boobs, your love of food AND animals and the planet and your youthful spirit.

sigh.

12:09 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

What a great post. I especially love the shots of Kody singing & leaping into the pool.

4:20 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

thanks to everyone for the compliments on my dog, my life and my boobs. it's why i love you all so much : )

11:31 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

What a great post!!! Kody is hilarious... the beer, the singing, the swimming.

Thanx for the report on the Vegan get together at Whole Foods. i'm sooooooo happy you went!!! THANK YOU!! So cool to show support for these kind of things...

What a fun time was had by all. And boobies to boot! :o) Does life get any better than this? i think not.

BTW, i can't afford to shop at Whole Foods but i love the pix you took in there. Gorgeous stuff...

8:16 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

One more reason for me to want a pool -- he is awesome!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home