Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My throat hurts...

...not the normal kinda hurt; but, more of like...a possible cancer kinda hurt. Because what else could it be?

Yesterday, I had an ocular migraine that REALLY took out my vision and for like 45 minutes. scared the shit out of me. Those usually last 5 to 20 minutes; but, never 45!!!

And now I just finished an article in the now-way-too-young Self magazine about a woman who has MS. I remember when I lived in Seattle/Vancouver in 2000 and "had" MS. I was terrified. (turns out it was really bad stress of moving to another city, giving up my state job, having Satan's daughter for a boss, losing my dog of 14 years and then losing my job)

There are certain kinds of diseases I will be okay with; however, none of them can EVER result in:

blindness
a wheelchair
or a hole in the throat

I think I'd rather be dead than have any of those above. And that's just me. Some people have the strength to survive certain adversity.

I barely have the strength to survive a pap smear.

And that's what's on my mind today....

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

Good thing you're a calm, even keeled girl! HA!!! Settle down, and don't go flippin' out until absolutely required! Go find out what's wrong and find out how to fix it. I've already told my sons-when Dad gets more food on him than in him, take me "hunting" and don't bring me back....

11:47 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

you crack me up

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I could deal with being wheelchair bound, but blindness, no way. I'd almost certainly rather be dead. I'm so jealous you got to sit with a fun jury on an interesting case. I've always wanted to be picked for jury duty but I usually get dismissed before jury selection even starts.

8:40 AM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

LOL
you need to take a deep breath here. you're fine, i promise!

5:12 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i HATE pap smears so much that i can't even drink "pabst beer" because it sounds too much the same.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

feeling better?

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home