Monday, April 23, 2007

Dear Diary...

It's Monday again. I got up really early (thank you, Kody) and made a delicious tomato/cuke/red onion salad that you toss with broiled ciabatta bread that has been drenched in olive oil and salt & peppa. (You eventually mix the two - I'm not ready for that so you don't get the final pix)





By the way, those veggies & garlic you see? Chopped by the Vidalia Chop Wizard...that's right. I've never made a salad easier than with my New Vidalia Chop Wizard!! And I didn't just get that, no! They also sent me a cool garlic chopper which makes chopping garlic a pain that's in the past! (I do miss the smell on my fingers)

Anyway, I also made me a delicious cup of coffee!
(did you ever think of posting, not only food, but everything else?)

Like Kody looking sad that his "cupboard" is empty?


He looks forlorn but really his stomach is full...bastard...tries to trick me every morning with that look.

Going backwards, yesterday my girlfriend and I got up early, had coffee and went to church. yes...i
went
to
church.

But not just any church because i'm never fond of fire & brimstone...we went to a self-realization church that's really a place of complete calmness. and a bit of gayness but you just can't have everything.

After that we went to Ink to have brunch and what's better after church than a mimosa!?!
Then we ended up at Janet's house to play about 433 games of cards & cribbage and down a few Becks. Really...quite the perfect day. And the weather was like seattle...cloudy, gentle rain, sunshine, more rain...very beautiful. After that, I came home to a sober brother (yes, he moved back in), the red sox sweeping the yankees, a hot shower, a First magazine and, eventually, the back of my eyelids.

Saturday was great too! i felt kinda weird all day so i shopped to make me feel better. I'm pretty good about anesthisizing myself with stores and not bankrupting myself in the process. So, ...i shop at Big Lots and Dollar Tree. Later that evening, I was supposed to go to Michelle's house but i just felt so weird, lost & odd I really didn't want to leave my house. (ever feel that way or am i really that unique?)

She was kind enough to come to my house and hang out.

It was one of those total girl nights too: two bottles of wine, fine pizza to go with that wine, sex & the city episodes, a fire in the fireplace and dessert from the bakery.

Which Kody spent about one hour admiring. Although i have about 25 pix of him eyeing this dessert, i'll spare you with one:

Michelle tried to get some pix too so she called my adorable baby over to her side...she had him sit in an adorable pose to which he let out the most adorable fart. So squeaky and cute!

That's my boy!

So, diary...that was my weekend. (I would love to make it flow better but i have to get to jury duty). I didn't accomplish much by the way of my home; but, so what? I was lonely. I was missing my boy (my OTHER boy), I felt a bit lost...but I'm thinking with a little help from my friends, I just might make it...

17 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

that sounds like a PERFECT weekend to me! I love Kody! I'd be eyeing that dessert too! yum!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

Yes, it was a fun evening. Gotta love Kody, "jonesing" on dessert.

11:47 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Cribbage and German beer(I'm making Homer Simpson-like happy noises right now.....)

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. No you're not that unique, I get days like that too, sometimes home is the only place to be.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Um, aside from the church thing sounds like a perfect weekend to me! (but that's just me, I guess I'm glad other folks enjoy the church thing). Wine and desert, can't beat it. :) You will find your way and be on the up and up again soon, you're too fabulous not to.

Sounds a lot better than my Sunday of trudging through a million open houses. Hey real estate lady! Do you want to come and find me a fabulous house that I can afford, and then lot charge me a broker fee? Worth askin' right ;)

12:42 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

You chicks are Da bomb...and I like that I have started refering to the two of you as "you chicks" gives me a warm and fuzzy ...LOL

1:44 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

friends make everything good, don't they?

girl's nights are the best. i wish i had a fireplace. sounds so nice and cozy. next house!

6:11 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Kody! Great pix. Wow, church. What is next, T.K.? You're gonna save all of us... Nice to see you had fun! You deserve it!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

never on the path to enlightenment; only the besticanbe-enment.

Mmmm..beeerrr.....

i would LOVE to find you a house shanani...and for FREE! because it's in such a beautiful area, I want to see what's there... : )

okay...off to jury duty! yay!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Awwww.... what a CUTE puppy. Well, yes, I realize a 100 lb. dog is not really a puppy, but still SO very cute and cuddly in his own way...

12:49 PM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

Awesome weekend!! Simon isn't squeaky, he's silent and deadly. If all is really quiet, you can hear a little "puuuh" out of his ass. That's your cue to leave the room. And why do they stare at food they want? If they look at it long enough will it magically move into their mouths? They're strange sometimes, but oh so loveable!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

this sounds like a great weekend - especially the wine, bakery, sex & the city, + girlfriend --- couldn't get much better, me thinks! :o)
I gotta check into your chopper...

8:54 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

What an adorable puppy. Lovely blog.

9:02 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

soooo . . . i might be moving to the east coast. like rhode island. this means i WILL be getting a puppy!!! a BIG one!

come visit portland this summer before i go away!!!

4:59 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

p.s. way to go you for going to church if you want to. that's awesome.

5:00 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

your kody is such a cutie--he knows he has you wrapped around his little paw. woof.

6:59 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

okay, out of all this, i cannot believe you have that vidalia onion chopper. LOL!! i'm intrigued.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home