Sunday, April 15, 2007

oh. my. god.

I just got rid of my last reason (aka excuse) in my life to live my life below average. No more boyfriend (whom i adore, don't get me wrong), no more daily drinking brother living in my house who's been here for over a month and shocked the hell out of me at how much that affected my spirit, sanity, mental well-being, no more going to work Monday thru Friday at a job I really do not love and no more major needs for my house.

what the fuck am I going to do? I LIKE living below average. it's what I'm used to. i don't have to worry about not succeeding because i never try! Please Kody, shit on my rug! Or maybe I'll break a shoelace tomorrow! Maybe someone will put sugar in my gas tank! Surely that warrants a six pack and a few smokes, right?

*sigh*

I really am afraid to give it my best shot because what if I DON'T succeed? Then I'll certainly be the loser I always feared I might be. But I'm 41 now; not 23 with lots more time to fart around. So I'll do my Secret, I'll utilize my jury duty time to exercise since it GIVES me the time to do so, I'll be on my best behavior at the Realtors tomorrow morning which is a new career i hope to set the world on fire with....yeah...i can do it, right?

But before I go, i must share my last hurrah (one of about 17,883) with you.

The Bockbierfest at the Turn Verein. I guess it's Germany's answer to not having to wait an entire 11 months to have a huge blow out party - they just have one right in the middle. and it's the same as all the oktoberfests I've been to at the Turn Verein...we really had a whirlwind of a night. we got there, we drank, we smoked, we danced, we ate, we chatted and as quickly as we got there, we left. WE, my friends, know how to party!

hhahahaha!!! so, sit back and enjoy the slide show....

Us ladies before we hit the road:


Our first set of libations:


The Hall


Darling little German offsprings selling pretzels


The outside biergarten & food court (turns into a major smokefest but that's where the fun is!)


One of the bands on state... blurry, i know.


some of the dancers:



a disgruntled german guy


Now as we're sitting there, this guy comes in with his friend and he looked JUST LIKE GEORGE CLOONEY!!! he even had on my FAVORITE man outfit: black turtleneck, blue jeans. However, that huge smile you see on my face is because i had just finished my first beer ; ) Oh and i felt sorry for his friend. No one wanted to get a picture with him...hahaha!


and the last pix before we left. we were home in bed by 10! sheeeeit!


have a great week! i know I will...iknowiwilliknowiwilliknowiwill.....

20 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Looks like fun! I always miss the events down at the Turn Verein.

10:54 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Sh*t! That guy really DID look like George Clooney! We're really big on Ethnic festivals around here- The Polish have 2, Hispanics-2, Germans-1, Afro-Americans-2, Dutch-1, Danes-1, Native Americans-2. Those are just the ones I know about!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Yes 'nessa..if i recall, you do! but you shouldn't. they're a blast!

BD - from the side was even more amazing...shocking. course his ignored friend had to jump in right away to let usknow he was married and his wife was a spitting image of heather locklear. whooopdiedooo...

3:20 a.m.???

6:39 AM  
Blogger fatwonkkid said...

I decided I should eat healthier: more greens, less fried foods!

And exercise more, but my minor ailment last week really hindered that goal.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

Well, that is the closest that you and I will get to Mr. Clooney. Beer, boys and bratwurst...what a fun evening!!!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

looks like fun and you chicks looked hot..

8:48 AM  
Blogger Sornie said...

Was that a pitcher of beer or motor oil? Yikes, dark beer I hope!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Looks like fun! I didn’t drink any beer all weekend, just a few glasses of red last night. It’s a miracle! ;)

“I really am afraid to give it my best shot because what if I DON'T succeed? Then I'll certainly be the loser I always feared I might be.”

Story of my life sista. Best of luck with the “secret”. WTF is that anyway, I hear everyone talking about it but I’m too lazy to find out.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Looks like a fabulous time event the disgruntled german in in the lederhausen is worth the price of admission...
Hope you have a great week!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

He does look like George...he also looks like that guy in "Heros" and is married to that crazy chick from Dixie chicks...Adrian something or other.

those pretzels look so good!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

k, if I ever bye a house in Sac, you're my go to girl. K? And if I know of anyone looking in that area.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

or BUY, whatever!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

what minor ailment? if it's minor you should be working out! hhahahaha...like i do when i feel great. NOT!

I figured out why after 3 beers i was ready for bed...it's dark AND strong beer...oy. i never learn. never will. part of my charm ; )

thank you DB...you never run short of compliments and that's why we love you.

yeah sornie i know...i LOVE dark beer though. it's sweeter. pale beer tastes like ear wax. YES i've tasted ear wax by mistake.

well shanani as long as you got some Vitamin AL in your body you're okay. the secret.tv first off it's not a secret, secondly it's just a well put together compilation of CD's about positive thinking. and all 4 discs are about what you think about so shall you be. kinda gay but i like it...it's better than most of my thoughts anyway...

you're absolutely right about that pendullum...he was a funny man. was on the news in the a.m...been at it all day and t'weren't happy about it...

HI BETH! pretzels are a good product to have when yo'ure trying to sell lots of beers...those germans are a smart bunch!

yes, valerie...before you sign your contract though, let ME proof read it...hahaha...i funny.

8:42 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

HOLY! i wanna goooooo! and in bed by 10! wow.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

wow! sounds like you are up for some big changes. good luck on everything! :)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

well then tell me why the round ball wouldnt fit in the square hole...give me something here..throw me a bone for gods sake.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I just caught up on your last few posts. I've always wanted to serve on jury duty but have never been picked. Most people think I'm crazy for wanting to serve. I hope your trial is fun and exciting! I can't wait to hear about it when it's all over. You're so sweet for checking in on me. I've been really busy lately and not so much in the blogging mood. I'm going to CA (sorry - south not north) for 3 weeks so I won't be around much until mid-May. :)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

Are you sure that WASN'T George Clooney? I sat here and looked at the picture, drinking my Gewurtztraminer, and the more I drank, the more I could swear that was you with Geo. After 1/2 a bottle, I was ready to bet money on it.

12:32 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Could you possibly have MORE fun? Oktoberfest in April? That's too much fun, TK. You look gorgeous, btw.

And you'll never be a loser.

5:17 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

no boyfriend? oh . . . well, if it is the right choice for you, then it is.

and that guy DOES look like george clooney!!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home