Monday, March 19, 2007

The Weekend #3

It was a pretty good weekend. Being st. patty's day and all. i partied until my toe blistered.


so much for not drinking and losing weight. but one day of bad behavior (okay...two) is not that bad.


and sunday i got right back on the weight watcher ball and bought one of these:



I'll put those to good use, right away. right now they're keeping down the pad on my dad's rocking chair.

I also completed another grand puzzle. not this weekend; but, it is most certainly worth posting: :) (i almost went insane doing this one)


So after our shuffle board, pool & darts, Saturday night we went and had pizza. I told my friend in honor of my diet i would only have one piece. As i began reaching for my 3rd, she slammed her fork down in front of my hungry hand and that was that.

okay! two pieces was good enough for me...

My brother built me a garden gate to keep Kody out. Of course he's already jumped it once; but, i'm going to hope the smell of vegetables will keep him out in the future.

*warning* the following images are BEFORE pictures (minus the fence). i will post pictures of AFTER next weekend when all my gorgeous plants are in.




we used the old wood from the part of the gate i tore off to keep it consistent. i'll paint it and put on pretty shit so it looks nice. like flowers and such. love the gate, don't you?

kody loves the plants...he's eagerly awaiting for the time AFTER i lovingly and patiently put them all gently in to the ground so he can rip through them like a tornado.

bastard.

18 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

Wow, that is some puzzle.. I would never had the patience to do that. You rock!

I can't wait to see pics of the garden!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm curious to see what you do with the gate!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

major puzzle...good job. nice picket fence action....lets see some pictures of the svelte you.

2:42 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

wow, you do puzzles?! i'm so impressed. i would go INSANE doing that.

pssh. my toe blisters without drinking.

2:53 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Glad St Paddys was enjoyable! Life is too short to be goal oriented every waking moment!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

Watch your mint.... I had a beautiful mint plant which is basically a weed and little by little it started to die. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until Jerry Lee (my furry son) came over and gave me a very minty kiss.....

4:37 PM  
Blogger Sornie said...

At least the puzzle didn't consist of two-thirds repetitive blue sky. That's the type of puzzle that would land one in a straightjacket.

4:45 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Those puzzles frustrate me instead of relaxing me. More power to you!

Great fence...let's hope it keeps Kody out. Even if it doesn't, it sure looks nice!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

ahhh Kody...it looks like he's sniffing a pot plant, getting high.

and I love that gate! I want one just like it....don't know where I'l put it, but I still want one.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

there's green in Sac?
*slinky

7:39 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I love your gate, can't wait to see pictures of your new garden all planted.

Congrats on the 10 lbs and your new positive attitude. Hope that works for you, if it does send some extra my way, I gained 3 pounds over the weekend :(

8:44 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

The gate is totally cute. LOL I love it!!! Good job Bro!~

9:57 AM  
Blogger Just telling it like it is said...

Funny that is what I said to my self this week too...put down the pizza and beer...but but it's my birthday week and st. patie's day..I always have a reason I swear..there is always this week right?

12:47 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

LMAO, nice nickname for your dog! LOL

4:40 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Go Kody! I love the little nosy pup. OK, i shouldn't root him on but he's such a cutie... not a "b*tard* sorry, TK. We must agree to disagree. Dogs are allowed to do what they want when they want in my dreamworld. OK? OK.

The coming-up-garden and gate/fence are quite lovely.

I dig puzzles, TK, that is a great one you did! I wish you lived near me, we could do them together!!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

hi???? you never visit anymore. boo.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

YOU're right kleo...he's SO not a bastard. I LOVE HIM!!!

slinky i have too...YOU never visit. i only respond to what i know.

i'll work on the garden this saturday and my brother is supposed to build my porch but we'll see how that unfolds. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

3:23 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i just planted some little seedlings!!! they are all one counters by the sunny windows in my kitchen currently germinating! i just can't wait to see their little green heads poke out of the dirt!
i am totally going to have a garden on my balcony this year!

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home