Sunday, March 11, 2007

I LOVE Tahoe...

...and when i DO finally win, that is where i'll move.

we got there saturday morning and did a 2.5 hour snow shoe. this is what one looks like on a low-carb diet trying to do the most strenuous of exercises...
(can you see me? I'm resting full out!)

but I trudge on...me and the lonely tree...


but THIS was the bitch. it may not look steep but, trust me...it was. and it hurt my heart and lungs to make it to the top but i had to or i would roll down.



The view was incredible...


FINALLY, after a larabar and a gallon of water later, we check into our hotel room. now THAT'S what i call fun! we went down to the hot tub, hung out like celebrities, took naps, gambled, ate and then crashed again.

and there just ain't views when you're snowshoeing...there's views from our room!




the only bummer part about the hotel was my pillow was huge. I kept waking up becuase it's quite difficult to sleep wth your chin on your chest. I, for one, love pancake pillows.

see? you don't need* to win the lottery to have rich experiences.




*You do, however, need to win to stay. which is my whole bitch.

16 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

ya, those pictures are great....but they're all of SNOW! Not so great! ;)

do you play the lottery alot? I only play when it gets really big and my chances of winning are practically nil.

6:29 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Oh, that is just AWEsome, i tell you. Beautiful, beautiful. I had to blow up that first photo to find you. I laughed.

I love that you embrace life and live it up, TK. Fantastic, inspirational.

Thanks!

8:52 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

If you absolutely gotta play in the snow, it might as well be in beautiful surroundings!

3:25 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Wow! I love Tahoe too... it is breathtaking!

Sounds like a lovely weekend.. and imagine the calories you burned in the snow!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

that is so nice and you can tell you are out west because you dont have to wear a billion layers like here in the east

9:28 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Can I come next time?

10:42 AM  
Blogger pinknest said...

i LOVE pancake pillows too!!!

anway, looks fun. except for the snowshoeing. sheesh! such exertion. but i do love wintry vacations. but only for the snow and hot tubs and fires. no winter exertion for me.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Sornie said...

Amazing set of pics. Compared to sloppy old Minnesota, Tahoe looks like a sort of modern day Rockwell painting if he had painted ultra-realistic paintings.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Being raised in that area, you can HAVE it. I'll take the ocean and fluffy hard pillows, thanks!

GOD, you NEVER invite me ANYWHERE!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

wow. Romantic! what went down when the lamp went low?

8:08 PM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

My high school friend has a free hotel suite in Tahoe for the week of March 19th.

I was going back and forth as to if I should go ... until I saw these pictures.

Here I come!

2:26 AM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

Looks absolutely beautiful. The first picture made me laugh too. You're such the snow bunny!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

yeah, it was a good trip. i can't wait to live there! because i will...I WILL!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

I know you are still on your diet so you did Tahoe without libations...I am trying to remember the last time I went to Tahoe without having my drink on.....You brave soul!

3:09 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

God. How gorgeous. I am jealous.

6:53 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

beautiful!
last time i snowshoed i went halfway with the shoes on the wrong feet. it hurt.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home