Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Holiday Weekend

For stateworkers, that is...ha ah ahhaha hahahaaaaaaa.a.....

I was supposed to go to the gym today; but, i just absolutely could not make myself go. I'm sure I'm the only one who's ever felt that way :D (yahoo emoticons big grin is just way more appropriate)

Sunday, we went to Napa to see my cousins whom, one, i haven't seen since i was 16. She was here for a conference and it was really great to see her! after we had brunch at the silverado (hello! expeeennsiive!), we went for a 2 hour hike. It was really pretty...dewey, mossy, green, babbling brookey...my favorite place to be.






When we got back, we decided to go wine tasting at the Luna winery.

they SUCKED!

at least for me. everytime it came to do my pour, i'd get like a splash of wine. A splash! Now, if you knew me, you'd know how obsessive i can be over trivial stuff like this...so I watched this guy pour everyone else's taste the entire time i was there.

"one thousand one, one thousand two..." Pretty generous.

"One thousand one, one thousan...." Still, not a bad pour.

"One thousand one, one thousand two, o...." Whoa! He's a giver!

then mine: "On...."

WTF? I'm paying $15 just like everyone else! And this happened to all my pours...i just cannot tell you how disturbed I was. Was it my adult acne that offended him? The hillbilly shirt, for someone god-forsaken unknown reason, i decided to wear to this wealthy community? The worst part was I was with my cousins who rarely see me. Their last experience of me was when my mom kicked me out at 16, sick of my partying, and sent me to live with these lovely folk. and belive me, my partying didn't stop when i lived there...so how am i supposed to go off on this guy over alcohol? Problem at 16 aaaaand still a problem at 40...yes.

Well, eventually I had to let it go so i could enjoy their company in these last few moments. And i did feel kinda buzzed so maybe he just gave me the finer wine. Besides, the pizza parlour we had dinner at overflowethed my beer glass...thanks New York Style Pizza place...

16 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

they are stingy with their little wine stopper pourer thing. WHATEVER!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

that's te thing. it looked like he stopped before the wine stopper stopped it becuase sometimes it looked like something stopped it and, say for MY glass, HE stopped it.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

wow! beautiful scenery!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

you crack me up....we got the same issues...I hate gettin' jyped, gipped, jipped...how do you spell it?

3:47 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

heres a shocking little fact....

I've NEVER been to a winery. At all.

I must add that to my "To Do" list.

BTW - I was at the Hacienda in Old Folsom, GREAT brunch.

4:23 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Beautiful pix of Napa!

I hate stingy pours. Omni and I went to a pub for dinner a few weeks ago. A PUB--not a fancy restaurant. They poured me a glass of their house wine and it must have been a four ounce pour--for $8? I called the waiter on it and said i=f that was their our, then I didn't want any wine. He said he had never heard a complaint before--which I seriously doubt. I said "This is a BAR not Le Bec Fin (Philly's poshest restaurant--where they are more generous with le vin anyway) Bottom line. I got more wine. It was a matter of principle.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

I came to unleash on you for calling me a scamp, but I was taken back by the wonderful scenery. Okay.... this nature stuff really does have calming effects. :)

I went to a winery at Christmas and sampled their stuff. I got two bottles, one we shared between six people and the second sitting on my shelf waiting for you to drop by to drink it with me or it just might sit there until next New Year's Eve.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

After seeing what I posted yesterday I'll bet you don't feel nearly so bad about skipping the gym, eh?

I envy you and your cousin getting to go up into the mountains like that. I love places like that.

I did the wine tasting at the Biltmore Estate. It was fun. But I didn't get gypped like you did, so maybe that helped? Did I spell 'gyp' right? Somehow 'jip' doesn't look right. Ah, Blogger underlined 'jip' so apparent it doesn't like it either.

10:32 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Sounded like a neat day! Everybody: It's "Gypped". As in days gone by, getting screwed over by the traveling bands of Gypsies!
If you have to pay for the tour or the samples, a decent amount in a glass isn't too much to ask...

3:47 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

that's not right!!!! you should have gotten what you paid for....drunk!

Napa Valley is beautiful....and no snow.

5:37 AM  
Blogger pinknest said...

oh it looks so nice. i want to go go to napa NOW!!! take me, and feed me $15 wines, pretty please?

5:42 AM  
Blogger fatwonkkid said...

a little cleavage goes a long way...

9:06 AM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

Oh do I know wine tastings! WooHoo! My friend (also a Michelle - see we ARE kindred spirits, I'm sure of it) & her boy were in Sonoma & she came back with stories of how some wineries are so friendly and generous & others are all snooty & cheap. You've gotta come to Ontario TK. Wineries galore near where I live and a lot of them have FREE tastings. Or they charge like 5 bucks, but waive that if you buy something. Yea, twist my arm. Like I need incentive. Only thing is, it's not so warm here right now. You're pictures are so lush & green. Mine would be lush & white.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

I know how to spell gyp but obviously can't use the correct form of your and you're. Geeeeez!! Just to be the anal kind of person that I am.....YOUR pictures look so lush & green.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

hahah Carrie..i hate when i do shit like that too.

I'm warmed to know that my feelings of being ***ped are common so i thank you.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

MAN does that make me miss Cali. Can i come crash on your couch?

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home