Thursday, January 25, 2007

Maybe I should've called him Calvin

I quite possibly could be unhealthily obsessed with my dog. I love that animal more than i thought i ever could. Well...minus the first two years of his life when i wanted to break his little neck. He's selfish, funny, a natural comedian, clever, prickish, shows signs of affection when ABSOLUTELY needed, boorish, and all kinds of other ish'es.

So every day when i come home from work, it's about him, him, him. (hmm...where DOES he get that from...) Nothing about the fact that i worked 9 hours at a job that numbs my mind only to earn just enough money to pay the mortgage, feed his ass and pay for the gas to take him on trips. Noooo. Or nothing about the fact that I'm tired and i just want to use my last bit of energy to sweep up all his hair and pick up the random things he's chewed up (never anything worth getting upset over...i forgot to mention he's highly intelligent) and zone out in front of the tube...that's all. That's all I ask.

Yet, somehow, when i come home - that's the LAST thing I get. What I DO get is a ball thrown at me where ever I stand and loud heart-stopping barks when I don't kick it back within a timely manner. and he tricks me here because sometimes that's a 15 second time frame and somtimes it's a good relaxing 2 minutes.

Oddly enough, I do adore his tenacity and insistence that I pay 100% of my attention on him. It's part of his multi-faceted and charming personality. But, sometimes I simply ignore him. I let him get through his barks of frustration and usually he settles down and goes to sleep.

Usually.

Sometimes he makes it obvious he is not happy with my decision to zone out in front of the t.v. by standing directly in front of me, blocking my view of the precious.

i find this very smart and funny...



(i had to BEG him to stand right there while i stepped one foot away to get my camera to capture what he does every once in a while)

Yup. That's another part of my boy that I share with you. Strange thing...as fun, funny & charming as he is, i canNOT, for the life of me, ever find babysitters for him...

11 Comments:

Blogger pinknest said...

your dog is a genius. genius, i say!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

I do not think I will everallow my dog to meet your dog...
It may give my dog the wrong ideas!!!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

I can totally relate to the picking up of the chewed items.....

I think that your Kody and my Jerry Lee were separated at birth. Sometimes when I come home, I feel like filing a restraining order. He won't even let me pee in peace....

10:24 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

yes...kody does take after me in some areas...hahaha....

i used to foster dogs and kody ALWAYS teaches them ONE bad habit. the girl i fostered for like 3 months acts just like him now! much to his owners dismay...

that's funny...kody doesn't let me pee in peace either. sometimes i just have to shut the door. he gets all offended too.

10:32 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

were you watching "everybody loves raymond"? that's my guess based on the person i saw on the television. it's sad that i know these things. . .

11:53 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

If my dog stands in front of the TV, the remote won't work! Talk about your thick Airdale skull....

2:15 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

yes tabbies...i LOVE that show...it cracks me up. and ironically enough, he's my least favorite character.

yeah..i forgot about that. i can't change teh channel either when he's standing there..what a pain in the ass that dog is!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so beautiful. Love those big brown eyes.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

He sounds like a sweet boy.

My cat is very similar. She's always waiting for me at the back door when I come home. She's so cute. I get home after 5pm, pick her up, nuzzle her little face as she purs, put her down, give her food. She eats a bit, then wants to play. Her idea of play is to run between my legs as I'm ascending or descending the stairs. She wants to kill me ... but out of love.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

OMG! I love him! I love the look on his face! He's just amusing you right now, you know that, right? He's got the upper hand.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

CODY CONE!!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home