Tuesday, March 27, 2007

DMV - a.k.a. Dumb Mutha Vuckas

Remember when i got rid of my BEAUTIFUL Pacifica and bought this?

That was back in October. I have yet to receive the license plates for this car and it has been, if I'm a good counter, 5 months.

Now, back in October (the 19th to be exact) I brought in the Washington title, signed off by the good owners and paid the exhorbitant fees required to live and drive in the state of California. At that time, I was to have the car inspected; but, I was on my bicycle and couldn't. I had the car inspected one month later and sent in the "ok'd" inspection report. Approximately a week later, I get a letter back from DMV stating to bring back all the info I originally brought in on 10/19/06.

What?

I go through my files and find all the documentation that were in my hands that infamous day and it weren't much...the smog cert, an incomplete title application just in case i needed it and that's about it. I call them. "what could you possibly want?"

They want the title.

"But I gave you the title on 10/19/06."

well they don't have it.

"Well, I don't have it either and since I was on my bike, I'm sure I'da remembered you giving me the rather large, colorful title back becuase I probably would have said 'Why are you giving ME the title? Don't YOU need it?' See my point?"

They're sort of sorry, again.

"what am i supposed to do?"

I have to apply for a duplicate title from the State of Washington which would require the signatures of the original owners.

"but what if i can't find them?"

Too bad...DMV needs the title.

"What if they died?"

Sorry...no can do nothing without the title.

I'll spare you the other in between arguments with DMV as each story from each different rep (which was many) was different. But I can tell you Thursday, I cried big, fat, crocodile tears...over lots of things: my brothers, this job, diets, life and the fact that I just spent $6,000 on a car i'm going to have to throw away in August because i CANNOT REGISTER THE CAR IN CALIFORNIA!

But, you think they've got me? Ooooh nooo....I "found" the title. And it will work; do you know why? because they are a bunch of dumb mutha vuckas.....

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right! They probably won't even bat an eyelash becaues they don't do nothing all day long.

6:49 PM  
Blogger fatwonkkid said...

in MA it is the RMV: registry of motor vehicles....I guess you would called them Retarded Mutha Vuckas!

You would think if they would name the state after a man, they would make the guy's image less de-lapitated.

7:17 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Oy, i could tell you of my troubles in the past with the DMV of California... i totally hears ya!

8:19 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

I go into the Michigan DMV maybe once a year max. I have seen them physically hold an old womans' head still, so she could pass the eye test. I have them seen them call 3 cop cars on a guy who they skipped in line and was upset. What goes on the other 364 days every year?

4:38 AM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

Sooooo....when do you start your new job as Title Artist for the State of Washington. You need to bust out your Crayons if you want to take it to another level.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

city hall is worse

2:01 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

oooh, can you "find" my marriage license to Brad Pitt? ;)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

D'oh!!!!!!!! One exact reason I always buy NEW cars from dealers. Getting hosed or not, it's lot less pain then dealing with DMV. When you buy a new car, THEY send all the paper work to DMV. You drive your new car off the lot and 2 months later, you'll have brand new plates in the mail! Like magic! Voila!

4:26 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

I'mso sorry for all the bureaucracy. That totally sucks. Poor TK :(

6:58 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

You rule! Can I take you to the DMV next time I have to deal with those bastards ... er ... fine people?

10:12 AM  
Blogger pinknest said...

excellent. you really should get into this business of manufacturing titles for people. i cry when dealing with bureaucracy, too.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

Haha! I'm not laughing at your predicament, but at the last photo. Priceless!! That certainly sounds like an awful lot of BS. I don't know how things work in California, but sounds way worse than here. Good luck to ya!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

Oh, BTW, I LOVED the Alcatraz post. So f'ing cool!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

They are the absolute WORST! And they don't give a damn that they suck, and they make no appology that they suck.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

I think you have to fail the postal job to work at DMV..whoops sorry to those out there that have these occupations

7:37 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

something like this totally happened to me! the DMV sent us our registration in the mail (to keep in the glove box for when we are pulled over) but they sent it to the WRONG address and it never got to us. so we go in and ask for it and they tell us they never received it back in the mail so we should go to the address they sent it to and ASK THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE THERE IF THEY HAVE IT!!! so, we try to find the address and it DOESN'T EXIST!! so it had to have been returned. and LOST. so we go back in and they MAKE US PAY FOR IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!

at least we have it now. dmv . . . vuckas.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home