Friday, April 06, 2007

My last day of "freedom"...

...before i must report as a responsible juror. My brother is building my patio this weekend so I'm dubbing this weekend to be the last one where I can be completely immature and drunk.


My guess is I'll do it very well....

I planted Big Lot tulips in my front planter and they are retarded:

One's got no neck! it's just a flower! But they are still pretty. Don't you agree?

I also really badly want to pierce my nose. I think it's my last ditch attempt to pretend I'm young (still) and wild. But I am getting in to real estate and even I don't think that's very smart. So instead, I ordered a magnetic nose ring.

it lasted two minutes in my nose before i went NUTS! itchy, intrusive, too big....and i love to pick my nose, so it really was just not good overall.

However, I ordered Kevin one too so he could be "cool" when he felt like it and conservative the other 99% of the time.


Huh? what a "stud"!

Last Saturday my girlfriend Janet and i went out. Just for a couple.

It turned out to be one of those perfect nights out: No arrests, no fights, no black-outs, no dui's...(just things i've only heard about from others)

We started out taking Light Rail downtown so we would not be driving. I LOVE light rail on the weekends becuase it's here you'll meet people you'd never want to meet otherwise. Like LuLu, the second strike inmate who wanted to ask me a question. Can i have a dolla?

And riding light rail after hours makes me feel like a kid. Oooooh...we're moooviinnng!!!

So we went to a very hip bar called R15 where we played 3 games of pool...(cool pix, eh?)

After that, we walked down the our local Irish pub and met a fantastic Irish lad. He stayed with us for the remainder of the evening. Here he is playing the harmonica, which reminded me of my trip in Ireland. Every pub you visit, people sing! Old Irish songs, new American songs...whatever...they just sing. I find this very endearing. So thanks Patty for reminding me of those days...


and here we all are looking darling:

and goofy... (God forbid, i be left out of a shot!)

On to the next bar: ELIXIR


Here we met a darling married couple that just pulled up a table and hung out with us. i LOVE that! they were interesting, communcative, funny, and warm. why can't everyone be like that?


Aaaah....the image of 'fun'.

After that, we 3 merry (wo)men sauntered down to the neighborhood cafe and ate good food to nourish our bodies with stuff that the alcohol took away.

Well that's all...stuff i've been meaning to post so i'll just shove it all in to one.

I shall sign off with this...

20 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

Why is the song "Fruitcakes" by J.Buffet playing in my head as I read your post....

1:24 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

dang he's even got irish teeth..but as ususual you look great.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

I think you need to follow these easy steps in the next few days.

1) Head to the Golden Cock.
2) Get really wasted.
3) In the middle of jury duty (still wasted and in your best Jack Nickleson), stand up and yell at the top of your lungs, "You can't handle the truth"

5:52 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

What a fun post! I love that you went out on the town and had a great time!

Nix the nose ring fo' sure. Not a good thing if one wants to pick one's shnoz.

i like what peter said here... DO IT!!! DO IT!!

LMAO at this post, TK!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

This looks like fun! Glad you're letting it hang out before the duty. Cool brother building a patio for you.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

BD! you're calling me a fruitcake?? why i nevah!

awww DB...thank you...:) and yes, his teeth also reminded me of ireland ; )

HI PETER! my co-workers (and boss) all made fun of me and imagined that i'd probably be the reason the jury is sequestered. "Your honor! i object!" "may i approach the bench?" "Uummm..i have to pee..."


hahaha...i crack me up.

Kleo YOU'RE funny. You'd look hot with a nose ring too! don't you like them? i don't know why i do, but i do. after i make my first mil, i'll peirce my nose...that sounds fair.

I know Vicki. Eric is mightly talented. it's the reigning him in to get him to do it that takes talent on my part...

7:32 AM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

Wow...all that looks kind of familiar..... I am seriously thinking that we need to start our own Pub Crawl....

1:45 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

You are always so happy in photos! You rock for that!

Happy Easter, Passover or whatever!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I just pierced my nose this last month!
Irish pubs? ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

no way!! did it hurt? do you like it?

course you're younger too...

Hi Dan...i hope you had a LOVELY easter!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

it's about time you got a little drunk!!

12:10 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

mmmmmmm looks like fun!


thursday night, jon and i planted some seeds to make our balcony into a potted garden!! i am impatiently waiting for them to sprout on my kitchen counter!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

you look like you would be so much fun to go out with!

And I want to get a tatoo really bad.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Yay, they picked you! I have had to show up for county jury once, federal jury once (however I was informed that i was a potential twice). Out of all that I never got picked for the trial, one got settled out of court after they made us wait around for 6 hours.

A nose ring, we must be close in age..... I have been thinking about that to. I don't think the conservative school boeard would be impressed with me.

So you are progressing on the real estate stuff. You go girl!

7:08 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

TK--I love your posts. You are so uniquely you.

God Bless Irish Patty. Tell him to come to Philadelphia and play me some polkas on that harmonica.

I love jury duty because I never get picked and get to just sit, read and knit all day long.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

it hurt like a mutha, but i love it!

10:29 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

your barhoppingn adventures make me very pleased indeed. but your tulips sadden me so.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

I've had it with piercing anything else. It hurts and I'm a wimp. Looks like you had a fun night out. I want to come next time, 'K?
I'm so jealous of your jury duty call. I've never gotten one. So, did they do it??

7:38 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

love girls nights out! great pics

11:32 AM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

U R HOT

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home