Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I did it!

Ever since I've had my first dog, Bear, I have always wanted a "dog" cart for my bike. So with Kody I was determined to make this happen. I bought a $40 2-kid cart from Craigslist and had my brother modify it to fit his over-sized ass.

Here's his on-again off-again Daddy attaching it to the free bike i found on a walk one day:


"what's goin' on? You ain't putting me in THAT are you???"


Oh yes we aaaaarre....(as if he weren't embarrassed enough to be seen with Mommy in her Costco jammy bottoms : )

And he's OFF!





Look how unbelievably cute he is! He got out twice but he at least did it. My purpose for the cart is to be able to take him when we do our long bike rides. he'll run till he's exhausted and then i'll throw him in the cart to rest.

Can you tell I'm in love?

thanks Kevin and Eric for making my idea unfold!

oh and thanks to eric for finishing the project of ceiling fan and recessessed lighting...looks good huh?

16 Comments:

Blogger fatwonkkid said...

and who is going to ride your bike and drag you AND the dog around when you get tired from dragging around a big dog on your bike?

1:06 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

i cannot believe you put kody in this CONTRAPTION!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Man that looks like fun.

Can I be your next dog?

3:37 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

thats your brother? I thought he was the boyfriend...I am all confused...but the cart thing is smart...I had a wimerainer ( I thought that if I typed fast it would spell itself) that I had to excercise with my car it ran so much.

5:32 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

oh! its fabulous!

and your home is soooo lovely . . .

6:01 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

oooh - your living room looks fantastic!

9:25 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

No cart for my dog! She would bail everytime she saw a dog, cat, rabbit,etc. and go after it!

2:43 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i love recumbents...they look comfy. kody would probably love one too...

that IS my boyfriend...my brother is not pictured. he's shy. like me.

thank you 'nessa...i rather like it too!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

OMG!! What an awesome idea. Simon would never go for it. He'd be out of that thing as soon as he saw a squirrel, rabbit, skateboarder, roller blader, another bicycle, motorcycle, scooter, dog, cat, I think you get the idea. Bro did a great job with the lights. Looks fab!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

That is the cutest darn thing ever! Adding a 100 lb load to your bike will get you in shape pretty quick. I’d like to get one of those for Dexter, he’s only about 45 lb so I probably could fit him in a regular size kid one.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

that is a fantastic room. And I think Kody is just a wee bit embarrassed by that cart. But I'm sure he'll love it when his little paws give out!

10:06 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

What a great trailer! We had one like that for our kids.

I am sooo wiping the tears from the Bear poem.. omg.. *hugs* .. he was a beautiful boy.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

poor dog! you made him look like such a geek!

I guess that cancer cleared up, huh?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

that's too funny. that dog has it good!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

yeah for you & Kody - you've been planning this for a while! I remember your comment when I took the girls out with the bike last summer. I bet it's lots of fun.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Very nice!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home