Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Tab's Questions

tanya:
1. who is your favorite harry potter character and why?
My my...this is most difficult becuase i love them all for their various reasons. Harry, becuase he's so cute and humble, Hermiani becuase she's a wizard and young and those are two things i want, Ron becuase he's a red head, Hagrid...awww...he's just so sweet!!!, Dumbledore (now this one is hard becuase they switched the characters but the new one is preeeetty good!) hes a sweet gentle protective man...it's making me crave November!! so glad the release date is back in the winter - damn lord of the rings...

2. first of all, as an aquarius, did you know that your complimentary opposite sign is leo and THAT IS WHAT I AM? but, really my question is, does this description that i found on a zodiac website fit your personality:
General personality traits of a typical Aquarian:
Positive: Inventive, highly intrigued by others, caring, thoughtful, logical, scientific, a good communicator and loyal.
Negative: Self absorbed, rude and without tact, prone to eccentricity, unwilling to share ideas or fight for beliefs, voyeuristic curiosity about others and rude.
Well, again, rude was mentioned twice so let me think about that one. I am definitely logical, intrigued by others, thoughtful and inventive. I'm sometimes loyal, a good communicator and caring...but relationships are hard for me; hence, the hesitancy on the latter part.
I am very self-absorbed but i am not eccentric, rude or without tact, unwilling to share ideas and i most CERTAINLY fight for my beliefs. I am voyeuristic but that's becuase i'm highly intrigued by others...

3. what does the word "freedom" mean to you?
Freedom: Funny, becuase i never think about it. I've had it my whole life and i can't imagine it any different. Americans should live in other less-free countries for one month and maybe we'd have a more clear and true meaning of freedom.

4. kody is being held hostage. in order to release him you must sign the papers that will close down the elephant sanctuary that you speak so highly of. if you do not sign these papers, kody will die. what do you do and why?
Why must you torture me so?? I'm very selfish and self-centered and i love my boy so i would have to say the sanctuary would have to close down becuase i can always re-open it somewhere else or dedicate the rest of my life raising money to bring it back to operation. but if kody were killed, there's no turning that back. and i'd house all the elephants in my yard.

5. tell us your "first kiss" story.
It was my neighborhood friend. His name was Timmy and he was a fat little red-headed kid. We put our own hands over our own mouths and pretended to make out. (hey...that's more exciting than the actual real kiss - trust me!)

well thank you my lovely Tabitha, for taking the time to write me such thoughtful questions! I emailed "I am so mad" about the blogger picnic because Peng and i might make a road trip around that...(if it's in august, that is....)

17 Comments:

Blogger Bicycle!Bicycle! said...

She's lying. Freedom means 'money' to her. We debate that all the time, whether winning the lottery will make her happy or not. I say no. She's willing to risk it.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

RIGHT!...right, right, right...i jsut didn't want to appear self-absorbed AND greedy. but yes, as i've said before in my mini-breakdown post, money would make me feel free....

3:58 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I didn't think you were ever self absorbed and greedy...Now....well...I still don't : )

Money changes everything, doesn't it? I wish I had some...

8:41 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

yeah, if i had money . . . i'd pay off all my debts and my husband's debts and get our car fixed and take my husband on a looooong trip to europe (by long i mean at least 6-9 months of backpacking from village to village) and buy my parents a new house and pay someone to keep it nice for them and donate all sorts of money to good causes and maybe even sponser one of those kids with the flies in their eyes on tv . . .

9:12 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

ps my favorite harry potter character is hermoine because she is sooo smart, can't bring herself to break the rules and has big crazy hair. she is me and i am her. to a T.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I love Harry. he's a rebel who breaks the rules but gets away with it cuz he's so Harry. =) I SOOOOO hate Malfoy. Damn him!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

What great questions Tabitha! Wow, I did not know that about Aquarians and Leos are complimentary opposite signs, mostly because I know nothing about astrology because I don’t necessarily think it means all that much. But this is interesting because I do seem to exhibit a lot of Aquarian characteristics, although I don’t like to think myself rude or without tact (who does?). Jason is a Leo and a fat little red headed kid (well he used to be. His mom showed me pictures), however he was not my first kiss.

I would truly be torn if faced with a “Dexter’s life vs. Something else really important to me” situation. I love my boy more than just about anything else, so I guess it really depends on what that other thing is. Does that make me a little less self absorbed?

2:26 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Hmmm...now if you were to ask me who i more like I'd have to say...crap. they're all too proper and polite. they don't burp ONCE on that movie...

Malfoy. he gets uglier every movie too.

yeah shanani- ifeel bad choosing kody. i would take his life if it meant taking others but i'm glad i live in a country where i never have taht choice. and one with chocolate cake like the one i had at lunch. it was so think and choclately, no air could get in, you know what i mean. dense. it almost hurt to eat it. Mm...i'm gonna go finish it off now.

2:49 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

mmmm, i had a chocolate truffle cake like that last night! so good! wish we got to keep the leftovers . . .

3:19 PM  
Blogger girlgrey said...

you should read the books if you really want to choose between the characters...

5:09 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i do...i read the books and hve them done before th movie comes out. but i don't read ahaed. one book per year.

8:20 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i read three of the books in two weeks! i read the 4th and 5th books each in about 3-5 days straight! when i lived in germany, one of my friends gave me the 5th book (i was there when it came out in print) in english and told me that whenever i read it i should think of her because her name is the same as harry's owl. hedwig. it was so cute!

i'm waiting until all the books are published and then i'm gonna buy the boxed set! (just like we waited for all the extended versions of lord of the rings to come out before we bought any of them so we could have the boxed set) i guess we're nerds like that.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

well i have all Harry Potter movies and i watch them frequently. it's such a transmitty type movie...*sigh*

but i like listening to the books on tape becuase the reader guy, peter someone, is so great. and then when isee the movie i can hear his voice. Man, i wish i was J.K. Rowling...or her best friend...

3:41 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

naw, cause then you'd have kids. but at least you'd be british. and i think that would rock.

3:47 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

what is a transmitty type movie?

3:48 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

well having kids wouldn't be so bad if you were super wealthy...then you woudln't have to worry about their future.

damn parents. i should been rich!! do you HEAR ME!!!!

but YES i'd love to be european. and live in Ireland.

transmitty: anything that takes you out of your current world. like a fantasy movie, an engulfing book or unbelievably beautiful music...

4:08 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

mmmmm transmitty. i like it.

my grandma is from ireland. her name is sodelbia. her dad was in an irsh bagpipe band.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home