Wednesday, June 22, 2005

ohmygod

I am so FREAKING bored.

i have to work out tonight too and that's the very LAST thing i want to do. but that's my punishment for not getting it done this morning. And I don't even know what happened this morning...i woke up at 5, closed my eyes for a second and all of a sudden it was 6:25. i had 15 minutes to european-ly wash up and run out the door. (Course, i had time for Starbucks. i ALWAYS have time for Starbucks.)

First thing I always do when i get here is check all blogs. It's my zen-time. Theeen i check my work emails and also my phone messages. A woman left me a message telling me her pc wasn't working, "like there was no power." I was thinking "Did you check the power?" but, you can't be that obviously rude. So I run up two flights of stairs, that's right - two flights, only to find out it was her power. PC no workey when big black cord not connected to 3 prongie thingie. But I just make the best of it and make it seem like it's a major programming issue within the Bios section in her localized cpu unit (big words that mean nothing). I get the starry-eyed "you're so smart" look every time.

My day only got worse. The two headed kitten died. Bewitched didn't get very good reviews. I said something mean to my boyfriend and i still have to work out after work...

i'm an expert whiner. I hate that i whine but it's easier than taking action. I'll take action eventually, but not today. Today i whine...

But you know what would shut my piehole? A swing by the the new paragarys restaurant to have a few cocktails that will let me melt in to the seat, the table and the conversation...Mmm....cocktaaaaiiilllss....

12 Comments:

Blogger Shananigans said...

Mmmm…cocktails…indeed. I feel like I should toast to two friends having birthdays today (one real life in NYC, one i.i.f. the notorious CAP of course). But then Jason and I were supposed to finally make it down to the YMCA to get that membership before he has to rush off to work, and if I’m there I should really stay for water aerobics. I’m torn. “PC no workey when big black cord not connected to 3 prongie thingie.” Hahaha! Too funny. I shouldn’t laugh too hard though, I’m sure that’s what the IT staff does to me behind my back every time I “break” something or can’t operate the copier/printer. I have so much work to do right now. Why am I not doing it? Sooo tired. I’m a good complainer too

3:42 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i am working on my second coffee drink of the day. third shot of espresso total.
i'm sort of jittery.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Before i worked in the IT dept, i did lame shit too. but not THAT lame!

i gave in to my boredom. i'm eating Lay's potato chips and everyone knows you can't just eat one! you can't even just eat 100!

You can toast. just after your workout...at least that's MY new motto. I must be disciplined SOMEHWERE in my life at 39, eh?

I was going to have a coffee but any more than the first 3 in the am i get sick to my stomach and shakey too. ick...

34 more minutes.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Bicycle!Bicycle! said...

Whether to drink or
Work up the sweat to enjoy
The drink later, huh?

3:58 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i no say drinkey
that was my alter ego
i'm an angel, no?

3:59 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Just don't say what my jackass IT people say when I have a problem. "Did you reboot?" Fuck you, yes I did, now get your ass in my office and fix this piece of shit you gave me.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This had me laughing: "PC no workey when big black cord not connected to 3 prongie thingie."

Sarcasm: the stuff good blogs are made of!

5:25 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie said...

i was all the bummed over gemini's death as well, which is odd, frankly. two headed snakes terrify me, two faced people (literaly) scare me OR (figurativly) annoy me. but for some reason that little two faced cat wormed it's way into my heart. crap. do i need some sort of immunization now?

8:55 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

What two headed kitten? Why wasn't I informed of this freak of nature??

Did both heads work?

12:05 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

YUM, drinks always work!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

now that i'm in network support, i quietly recall, in my head, the stupid shit i used to call help for too. i don't talk about that today...

but yeah, the re-boot thing? i NEVER ask that.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home