Monday, June 13, 2005

Sunday=Funday Monday=F***day

My man and I went rafting yesterday down the American River on his inflatable kayaks . It was totally awesome (to sound valley-ish). I wanted to buy some beer but Kevin was already disappointed in me for drinking Friday night so i wimpely opted for Propel instead.

Big mistake.

As soon as my boat hit the water, my mouth started watering for a coors light. Yes, nothing good or expensive because rafting down the river reminds me of my younger days...and in my younger days I drank the Silver Bullet.

And wouldn't you know it? Every single raft we passed had oodles of beer. One even offered me one after my pathetic comment of "are you gonna drink all that?" Too much pride so I sadly declined. Besides, one is worse. And really, why am i being so immature that i can't go ONE DAY DOWN THE RIVER without a beer?

But i've never been down this river sober, so I figured I'd take advantage of it. It was sooo pretty, breezy, cool, rapidy and fun. The houses along the river are amazingly huge and expensive with wicked cool decks that reach the rivers edge. Most of them, don't utilize their luckiness of being by the water, but a few did have stairs that went right down the bank. How cool would that be? Huh?

Anyway, I forgot to put sunscreen on my legs, Lord knows why, so I'm red hot today. Only from mid-thigh down.

ouch.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bicycle!Bicycle! said...

And I apologize for giving you the one that leaked. But you're a much stronger swimmer.

11:11 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

how fun! i haven't been rafting since last august! my friend skot could tell you all sorts of embarrasing stories about it that will only be half true. but the fun part i like to tell is that my dear friend dylan saved my life when we all got tossed out of the raft. (we went one week before my wedding, so i had all kinds of bruises hiding under my wedding dress!)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I was raised more of a tubing girl than a rafting girl, but either way floating down a river is lots of fun, and even more fun with beer! Glad you had a good time. Our weekend tubing plans near Riverside fell through due to flooded rapids, so we had to settle for hiking in Solstice Canyon in Malibu. It was still a good time :)

12:44 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Wow....what a beerless adventure....good for you for enjoying it regardless!

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rub some BenGay on the sunburn. Works like magic.

12:39 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

no way LBB...you so smaht...

8:39 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Very cool - all that matters is that you had fun...and the sunburn will fade. The memory won't.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home