Sunday, June 12, 2005

Snow! In June!!

Ugh...I shoot up in bed, worrying that I lost my digital camera and that's the only thing that got me up at the ungodly hour of 9am.

I call Dena and mumble something about how I'll be ready in an hour. So I drink as much Propel as I can, pop a few just-in-case aspirin & vitamins and eat.

Wow. I feel amazingly normal after a night of just one too many beers. Must be all the working out I've been doing. I load up my boy and head out.

The drive to Tahoe is gorgeous. We question out loud if there would still be snow up there but there can be no way; it's June, for cripes sake!

But there was. And lots of it. The dogs loved it but my sneakers and soaking wet feet did not. However, I made a committment to work out so workout we would do. And workout we did. As you can see from the photos below, we had some seroius hills to attack. Coming down was no treat but we took the chance of wrenching our bodies and actually "ski'ed" down them in our tennies. even the dogs slipped and slid...

But we sweated and burned off most of what we consumed and THAT makes it all worth it!

Damn!
Our view!
Somebody's happy!
Check out Kody...he's doin' the 'crazy run' from too much elation...
These little flowers are EVERYWHERE...they're dainty and every shade of purple. Very pretty.

6 Comments:

Blogger Senor Guano said...

Just got back from there Tahoe too.
I did not want to come back.
The air was clean and the sky blue.

Running up there was tough though.
That altitude can be an ass kicker.

Oh well, back to work tomorrow.
yippy skippy

11:15 AM  
Blogger emeralda said...

this is just amazing!!!!!!!!!!good i stumbled over your blog, i ll come back to keep track of this amazing stuff....aaaargggggh snow!!!sniff...
smiles from berlin
jay

3:52 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

mmmm . . . tahoe . . . i wish i could be there right now!
next weekend will be the second cancelled camping trip of the year :( someday we'll get out there in nature!!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Looks beautiful. I so need a day like that!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Never been to Tahoe, but now I'm thinking I must make the drive. Maybe when I have some more vacation time. Looks amazing.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Jaxe said...

You just made me cry! I'm landlocked here in central Indiana, and I haven't been hiking in over 5 years. We used to hit the Rockies every September. I misssss being Rocky Mountain High. Oh well... these pics trigger so many good memories. I've got to get back. *looks for his hiking boots*

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home