Thursday, June 09, 2005

Struedel and Brownies and French Fries, oh my!

Yeah..that's right. I ate them all. But here's how the trouble started:

Our new boss was having a "Welcome Me!" meeting and she brought in 'bite size' strawberry streudel and chocolatey, velvety, moistey, almost black, brownie bites to buy our love. I didn't even consider having one until the work day draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagged on so unbelievably. Who doesn't eat out of boredom? So I rationalized that I'd have half a bite of the bite size struedel and just not swallow it. Gross I know, but those of us trying to lose weight, kinda understand. Well, I really did realize the grossness of that so I said 'what the hell' and swallowed it. That just opens the gates, doesn't it? Brownies are really my fav and I'd rather have THAT sinful flavor left on my tongue than a struedel so I ate a brownie bite. But there was half that struedel left on my desk and since I had the first half and a brownie bite, why not? Then I was right back where I started from so I ate 3 more brownie bites.

Where do the french fries come in, you ask? I attended my beautiful nephews graduation last night at arco arena. I was told in advance this would be a 3 hour deal so I am now mentally preparing myself. It was raining and they wouldn't even let us in so we had to stand outside and wait. When we get in we immediately grab our 10 seat and make it clear to all others, you ain't sittin here...my nephew's mom, Sarah* and her partner Amy*, show up. The three of us together equal an age of probably 3.

It's gonna be a loooong night.

And it was. The principal sermoned for what seemed like 2 hours. My other brother and I got up and walked around the arena and that's when I got the fries. what the hell...I was bored and kinda hungry. Ever see a puppy attack it's feeding bowl when you fill it for him/her? That was me with the fries...not a pretty sight.

Back in our seats, Sarah and Amy are now beyond silly; and, as usual, I'm easily sucked right in. We make lame-ass jokes that only we find funny. My brother, my nephews dad who's sitting behind us, makes little comments here and there...like a little boy too who's joining in on the immature fun.

I think it's 4 hours later by now and they are FINALLY calling out the diploma names, we kept our jokes moving along (some VEEEEEEEEEEERY funny names out there) . Sarah was drinking her water when I said something she found funny and she spit a little bit of the water out on the people in front of us.

no lie.

I have a picture on my cell phone to prove it. It's very common for people to slowly move away from us whenever we're in a public setting.

I finally got home around 1am and read til 1:30 so getting up at 5am was simply out of the question. And even though I slept in, I did get up and run my 2.7 miles...so eating lots of crap yesterday: bad - sticking to my workout: a real miracle!

does anyone else get that delish feeling when they clean their ears with a q-tip? or cough? what up with that?

9 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Sometimes you just have to give in and accept the fact you will eat what you want and deal with the consequences later - like the cookie I had a lunch. I didn't need it, I wanted it.

10:43 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i love cleaning my ears with q-tips!
it's my fav when orange stuff comes out on them! mmmmmm . . .

my co-worker and i are planning to add cookies to our usual thursday sushi lunch date today . . . but it's ok because my crockpot is cooking veggie soup for dinner as we speak (type?) so dinner will make up for it?

10:49 AM  
Blogger Pher said...

Who the hell is Amy and Sarah? You mean Wanda and Agnes? C'mon they don't mind their names on the blogssss.....
Sometimes I like to see how far I can stick a q-tip in my ear, it's strangely funny (in a funny way) way.
My great Aunt Andrea used to say, "Never put anything larger than your elbow in your ear"!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

GGG: you are so right. and life is SO short to deny yourself pleasure on a regular basis...the brownies and struedel? Yummy. french fries? gross. waste of calories

T!: thanks for the graphic! i can always count on you my friend. don't make me explain the powder thing, thigh clearance issue.

pher...A got mad at me when i yelled out her name...she's a very impmortant executive with an image and she cannot afford to be associated with me. even though she loves it!

thanks for last night. unbelievable as it sounds, it was way fun.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

It's OK, I think the idea of dieting is to make it all even out in the end anyway. Like last night I had salad and veggie red bean stew for dinner, so the two very yummy very not light Hefeweizens I had after dinner are totally fine, right? Light beer is for wussies!

I can't believe you actually got up and ran almost three miles on that little sleep. You are my hero. I also enjoy cleaning my ears with Q-tips.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd never miss a post of yours. And yes, I Q-tip my ears every day. It feels great and sometimes a little tickle in my throat makes me cough.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

well shanan if you had seen me run, you'd think differently. i sucked!

and why must you mention heinekens to me? i've got tears in my eyes...

1:13 PM  
Blogger C. Hedges said...

I agree w/glitter. Sometimes you have to give in. Just take the stairs or park further away to make up for the occassional indulgence.

1:27 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i'm guessing the powder has to do with chaffing.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home