Friday, June 03, 2005

Stylin'...

I'm not lookin' too hot today. I keep forgetting I'm out of conditioner so my hair looks like an overdone perm. I decided last minute I'd wear my capris (for the fellas, which I have so many followers...ahem...that is severe flood water pants) and I had to shave my legs but for some reason I was too lazy and only shaved half way up. Please don't ask me why becuase I don't have an answer for you.

And to top off my modelesque-style look, I'm wearing open toed sandals with *GASP* un-polished toes...

I'm just glad I forgot my digital camera today or you'd get a shot that would make your eyes water.

I have 3 days left to be bad and I'm doing such a good job at it...I sure as shit hope I can be this good for my upcoming diet. Because I'm running out of pants to wear...and I refuse to go up another size. Which reminds me of a date I went on a few years ago...

I met him on-line (yes I did the on-line thing and it's actually really cool becuase you know so much about them before you meet them unlike meeting someone on the streets or in a bar) and I knew the minute he walked in to the restaurant that this would be the first and last date. But I always make the best of it becuase, well, I'm here and everyone has something interesting to say. At the time, I was on the high-protein diet (during my carnivorous days..mmmm...) He asked me why I wasn't eating the potatoes or the bread.

I explained.

"Yeah...I love bread and potatoes but I have to lose some weight."

"Can I have your potatoes then?"

"Sure! Can I have half your fish?"

"umm...no"

"you know, I used to be a size 6 and now I'm an 11...I'd like to get back to my 6."

"Sooo...you've nearly doubled in size???"

Doubled in size? DOUBLED IN SIZE??? Do I look like someone who's doubled in size? What the hell did he think I was before, invisible? I'm not THAT fat! Jesum Crow...It suddenly became clear why this person was still single. He also solidly proved my point that everyone really does have something interesting to say.

And I ate his fish...




16 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Good for you! I would have wanted to throw a drink in his face. Actually...I've only wanted to do that one time and it took all my willpower not to.

And I have done the partial leg shave to wear capris. What's even worse is when you run out of shaving cream in the shower and can't finish shaving.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I loath shaving so much I just wear pants most of the time. That and I think my legs just look generally unpresentable for the public eye these days. I can sympathize with the not-so-put-together feeling. I have to admit that I have become very lazy and sloppy in my appearance, and I really need to get it together one of these days. I finally convinced my other half to go to the YMCA with me tomorrow, and hopefully we will like it and join. Maybe I will even try one of these “diet” things that everyone is talking about. Best of luck with yours, enjoy being bad while you can ;)

Nearly doubled in size? Who says something like that on a first date? I can’t believe how clueless some men are. But it makes for good stories, no?

9:23 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

oh yay!! i'm so glad i'm not the only one!! Thanks for your honesty, missy GGG...

9:24 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

good for you, eatin' his fish!

doubled in size, my ass . . . i don't think i was ever a size 6! i was BORN without inner thigh clearance, i'm sure of it! now, i am just so happy to be able to wear size 10 again . . . we'll see if it ever gets better than that for me . . .

i never shave all the way up either . . . unless i have massage class that day, then i do my best to shave it ALL.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Aaah...i love blogging. it has given me new meaning in my humdrum, flat-lined life.

Except that I have a GREAT boyfriend (hi hun!) who'd athought it'd take me 39 years to find him...

shan: I made a promise to myself on new years that every day i'd get up, put make up on, and match...Um...that lasted 2 days? But this will be included in the up and coming NEW ME!

TABS: THIGH CLEARANCE!! I LOVE IT! Ever hear of baby powder? if not, don't ask.

Bahee: i know. i read your site and YOU remind me of ME when I was just a young, funny pup. And i was (and still am) a singer...i coulda been a contenda...

9:58 AM  
Blogger Senor Guano said...

You are still young inside my friend.

I guess that is why we get along well.
And your boyfriend is cool too.
Because if he was a dick I would tell you then I would have to kick his arse. It just took you some years to find a good one like him.

Same for me. I feel I lucked out with my gf.
I guess we do things the hard way but it is a good learning process.

10:15 AM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

...In a tornado?
No...almost

The year before last we had one miss my hous by a block. I was in the closet with my young kids and heard the windows rattling. I was horrified. It was coming straight for us, but jumped over my block. I was very fortunate.

I love storms, but not tornados...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I would've answered sooner, but we were having technical difficulties with the computers and that kind of crap.

11:04 AM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

LOL...I didn't read your post before my first comment, but that was great.

You should've slapped the bastard, LOL.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Yeah...if i didn't have a boyfriend, i would blog continuously about those dates. i had 0 2nd dates of all the men i met. that says alot about chemistry.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Mean Red said...

why didn't you throw his fish at him? the cheek. what's worse is overhearing some idiot say to his mate that you'd do for a 'poke' before slinking up to you stinking of cheap aftershave...euuughh.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at NICS...you are so darling! aaah...to be 20 and in IRELAND! You lucky, lucky woman!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Miss Fabulous said...

Eh -- screw shaving. I only do it when I *have* to... i.e., when I start looking like a Yetti.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Hi Miss Fabulous...I'm so happy to see you! I absolutely love your blogs!

but, alas, today i shall shave my entire leg. only becuase i have to wear shorts...ack! i shouldn't really becuase i'm still on my downward spiral before monday...ah...screw 'em...

10:34 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

oops..how'd my dog get in to my site! crazy boy...love you mom!

10:35 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

TK: yes, i think i know what you mean about baby powder. with the lack of inner thigh clearance comes serious chaffing!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Tabs: sad to say but "bingo!"

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home