Monday, June 06, 2005

The Heritage Festival

We went to the Heritage Festival Saturday which is sort of like a mini Woodstock. Very mini. And without any possible potential for historical impact. And without the thousands of cool people.

Okay so it’s nothing like Woodstock except it is an outside concert; BUT, it was fun, nonetheless.

I claimed this day as mine. My last day to get completely hammered, do things I should be embarrassed over and spend the next day licking my wounds, watching endless movies on my couch with my wonderful hangover dog and eating tons of crap food.

The festival looks to be quite fun as the first item on my agenda was to buy beer. “Mmm…beer good” - Homer. I buy beer; my friends buy food. Stupid friends. I buy another beer. And one more in case the first two don’t take. But they did and this one did too. This park, FYI, is right next to the river so you can see boats dropping anchor and kicking back to hear the music. It’s such a great feeling and it makes it really easy to live in the now, the way the self-help gurus tell you to live, especially when the ‘now’ has beer, music, friends and strangers. (Part of the hedonistic religion which keeps me faithful)

Things done on this day:

Roll down hill after 4th beer – get very nauseous. Hence the reason this game is reserved for 6 year olds and under

Kick guy in butt that you barely know to say ‘hi’. Receive displeasing look.

Make out with a tree and get a picture of it

Mention big toe in butt fetish (not mine nor anyone I know – you had to be there)

Show breasts (not mine but someone I know – now you wish you were there!)

Pretend to be really drunk in front of cops. Note to self: do not act drunk in front of cops

“borrow” long, skinny bright orange safety cone and yell at people to keep their distance

Stand really close to a guy in front of you in the beer line to be funny. Another note to self: Not funny.

Getting too hammered, chasing friend around park and eventually parking lot.

Get ride home from very patient, tolerant and loving boyfriend

Well, that’s about it in a nuttyshell. I’ll post some pictures later when I get home…


A Gaggle of Girls have a Grand ol' time...


And Dena expressing her love for me..."Hugs & kisses back to you babe!!"


My cone!!! (and some random guy passing through who wanted to ham it up...)


"I now pronounce you Trunk and wife"...hope you don't mind honey!!!


What a party! (can you spot Dena?)

5 Comments:

Blogger tabitha jane said...

and you are not even fat at all.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

dudette? i would not post a picture that actually showed my 6 month pregnant belly or back fat taht i spoke of earlier...i ain't no do-do...what i am is a 12. what i used to be was a 6. what i hope for is an 8...

GOD to be a woman. it's fun and hell all rolled up in to one!

12:00 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

12 isn't bad . . . i have some size 12s . . . and 13s . . . i'm happy to fit into 10s again at the moment! just bought some new dress pants in size 10 last week . . .

way to post your size on the internet! go get 'em!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

aaah...i'm so not private. My boyfriend HATES that about me...

toupee! (for the other post)

4:46 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

fuck men.

well except mine becuase he's perfect. heh..heh...

is it lunchtime yet?

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home