Thursday, December 29, 2005

Resolutions

Crazy Aunt Purl is not a blog i read frequently, becuase i'm jealous. She's as funny as i know i can be but i'm lazy. i did read her blog today and she had a GREAT list of resolutions and i thought 'that's totally smart! why has no one blogged about their resolutions this year?"

I told her too that i LOVE lists. they give you hope. motivation. and feeling that THIS time you'll really follow through. and you mean it!! But at 40, i'm on to my self. I can't even fool me anymore.

but my boyfriend is still somewhat new and my friends don't care so they believe when i say i'll lose weight, or quit drinking, or smoking and start working out.

The only thing i'm consistent with is my habits.

habit: A thing done often and hence, usually, done easily, automatic

resolution: opposite of 'habit' (see above)

SO...i'm taking tomorrow off and that gives me a 5 day weekend. Tonight is my "last night" which means i can drink and eat to abandon and without guilt.

Problem is i have had so many "last nights"...s'why i'm getting fatter.

Homework: Name ONE resolution you'll commit to for 2006.

(And Peng is a GREAT example becuase he makes resolutions and STICKS TO THEM ALL YEAR!! it's an anomaly i know but he really does. this year one of his resolutions is to include me in everything :)

ONE of mine:
stop calling in sick to work

6 Comments:

Blogger tabitha jane said...

why were you alone on christmas? did peng ditch you?


resolution for next year:
take my life back.
write more letters.
get active! (that means exercise! i have never seen this much cellulite since "what's eating gilbert grape?"!!!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I think most of us are a little jealous of CAP and her blog, but I still read daily. We could all use more gratuitous cat pictures in our lives.

I got started on my weight loss resolution in October, so I guess I’ll just stick with that one. I’m already 15 lbs down, yay! Ahead of the game for once, how unlike me.

Whatever you decide your resolutions are, good luck!

And a very merry New Year!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Senor Guano said...

The whole office here has made a resolution to quit leaving their pubic hairs on your desk and phone when you are gone.

But since you are leaving soon I guess it will not matter.

I will however let your future co-workers upstairs know about our resolution so maybe next year they can try that out. I heard they are a really hairy bunch up there.
A virtual forrest of pubeville.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

yes peng ditched me. hence his new years resolution (i have a very tiny bit of responsibility for that one though) wait till you get older Tabs. you'll fnid cellulite where you didn't know you had fat cells! that'll be my new years resolution too. i bought some Hoodia (natural appetite suppresant) so i pray taht'll help me not gorge 20 hours a day.

guano? you need help. and more beer.

CONGRATS SHANANI!!!! 15#'s is not easy. i can't wait to say the same!

pfc...that is so cool that you paint. artists are fabulous people. interesting. cool. hip naturally. you should post some of your work. i, for one, would LOVE to see it!

what is everyone doing for new years? Peng and i decided to have a nice dinner that we prepared together, talk about our plans for 2006, ring in the new year with a sweet kiss, and wake up early to go snow shoeing!! god I'M jealous!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

blah blah blah. Brag about your boyfriend why don'cha. Perhaps my resolution should be to get a boyfriend so I'm not so cynical of others that do. :P

Happy new year my lady!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drug Rehab Canada
http://www.realestateinsider.net/ - diazepam 5mg
Do you know that this drug valium is included in the ?essential drug list of the World Health Organization (WHO).
[url=http://www.realestateinsider.net/]valium anxiety[/url]
I hope you have accumulated much information about the valium and it will be helpful for you in the time to come.
diazepam 5mg

The credit fro the invention of this drug goes to Dr.

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home