Thursday, November 30, 2006

dinner

i decided to clean out my freezer and eat what was in there. I found a bag of Trader Joes Mushroom Medley that had been broken in to once before...i think like 8 months ago? of course, it's caked in ice; but, TJ's frozen food is lucky like that...it can be caked in ice for ice ages and still be pretty, pretty good.

then i found a bag of chinese green beans - also, caked in ice. Safeway brand. not looking good. but i threw them together in a hot saute pan and then let them simmer while my casserole finished baking.

the casserole was the baked mac & cheese from the Uncheese cookbook. and some frozen hot "dogs" that only God knows how old they are. i also used an unopened package of of whole wheat pasta (you KNOW how i feel about WW pasta - but VV i did order & receive my white WW).

well let's just say, one bite of the veggies and off those went in to the garbage disposal. eeeeyuk! the casserole wasn't way too bad but that WW pasta is just nasty. NASTY!

i packed some of the noodles last night for my lunch today and just could not bring myself to bring it. if I'm not looking forward to lunch, i'm depressed.

God i'm exciting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't gone to the store in at least 2 weeks. Maybe longer. I've been determined to clean out my fridge and freezer and pantry also. Luckily, my food fared a little better than yours sounds like it did. Did you at least like the sauce for the mac & cheese from the uncheese cookbook? I haven't tried it yet. Anyway, I could maybe stretch it another week but I'm dying for some veggies. I dreamed of tofu lettuce wraps last night. I think I'm going to go to the store tonight.

Glad to hear you got the flour. Now go make some bread.

3:33 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

this sucks. i actually did the same....in a feat of desperation, i opened a bag of frozen veggies. they were horrific.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

the sauce was not very good either. i would add some cornstarch to thicken it up at the very least. but i'm not the best cook in the world either....

4:11 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

I have had frozen veggies like that... eewww..

You know, there are some really gross WW pastas out there.. and some good ones.

I was reading back and you talked about how you hate flying and drink.. well, I do too. In fact, I have drank on an 9 am flight before. I got a huge take out cup and filled it with ice and vodka and juice and drank it in the taxi to the airport.. and in the waiting area and on the plane.. with my kids in tow! God, did I feel pathetic cuz I got drunk and I'm sure I reeked..
next time, I'm getting xanax.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home