Thursday, August 23, 2007

first 1/2 day off...

I was going to take yesterday (wednesday) off but thought i should at least go in and get my desk cleaned and fill out my time sheet, blah, blah, blah. So i decided i'll take HALF the day off and i'll make a list on any down time i have in that 4 hours that i await til my freedom.

so my list entailed of going to tahoe, the ocean, cleaning out cupboards & cabinets, washing the car, cleaning the fridge, working out every day, playing my piano, organzing all my pictures, re-org garage after Saturday's garage sale, create a budget for the next 12 months & shop for cute workout clothes.

for the last one, i've decided that i'mgoing to wear my workout clothes TO work. Becuase the biggest pain in the ass of riding your bike to work is packing your clothes the day before and changing once you get to work and then changing back when you leave. it really is exhausting. so to justify wearing workout clothes to work monday, wednesday's & fridays i'm going to go to teh gym too and lift weights. now before you think i'm odd, there are people that pretty much wear their pajamas here at the state. one girl, every single day, wears black shorts with black tshirts and black combat boots, black eyeliner topped with long black hair. SO, i should look pretty normal.

I will gain a nickname i'm sure...like workout girl or gymrat...but it's better than barfly or hungover hussy.

Anyway, i was able to cross off a few things on my list becuase on my short 1/2 day off i washed the car, cleaned out a cupboard, cleaned the fridge, shopped for said cute w.o. clothes AND got in some quality t.v. time.

I think this is gonna be some goooood time off!

off to run!

7 Comments:

Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

damn..you got it ticked right down to the minute

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if you want a good budgeting program, I highly recommend http://www.youneedabudget.com/. Hubs and I have been using it for almost 2 years now and it's awesome. Super simple to use and if you have questions for a specific item you need help with he has a lot of info on his website and he's always available to personally answer questions. Anyway, it's the one thing that's helped keep us in line. I couldn't live without it anymore.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Hey, least you're not called a bar whore.

Come visit me! I'm off this weekend. :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

Hey, I used to work with the "girl in black". Don't forget the perfectly manicured blood red acrylic nails...she's a stunner!!

So, what's on the calendar for Friday???

12:12 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Who are you trying to kid? You'll do half the list and drink alot of beer....

1:58 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Isn't time of great? Even leaving work an hour early makes a hhuge difference.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

whats cookin' good lookin' its friday...fill er up!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home