Friday, July 25, 2008

I can SEE!!!

Well...sort of. I wore my CRT Lenses last night and I must say, that were not very comfortable. You can DEFINITELY feel them.

So, of course, I woke up every couple of hours and tried to open my eyes but it was hard. When I woke up to start my day at 6:00, I was like HELL NO and tried to lay in bed as long as i could, with my eyes closed. Michelle was coming to pick me up at 7:50 so I tried to stay in bed as long as I could. My eyes felt like cacti. When she finally came over, i just kept my eyes closed and let her guide me everywhere.

Here's a tip: Don't hire michelle to be your guide dog.

When I got to the dr. my eyes hurt pretty bad and i was concerned that when he took them out, my eyes wuold be scratched, red & still painful; but, it was like heaven when he took them out. HEAVEN! And I could see a blurry 20/20. It'll take a good month before i can see a perfect 20/20 and since my pupils are normally large it might take longer. but no matter becuase, last night, i was able to put my eyeglasses AWAY! never to wear them again...hahahahaaaaa...isn't that awesome??? I can watch t.v. without my glasses digging in my face, I can see when I wake up (painfully for a while but at least NOW i can pop them out immediately), i can swim and see when i pop my head up, guys can check me out and not think i'm a nerd...now, before i offend anyone, I'm not a glasses kinda girl. some people are...i look geeky.

so, so far I highly recommend CRT lenses...so far.

15 Comments:

Blogger Adrianne said...

Feel better!!!!!!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

can you see God?

10:26 AM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

You only bumped into one person and a wall... I thought that was pretty good.

However, I did notice that all though you could not see...you were completely aware that you were walking by the cupcake bakery.

I'm just saying...

10:31 AM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

A girl I used to work with got these. She liked them and said they really did work. Good luck and keep us posted.

9:11 PM  
Blogger deb said...

yay! i'm going to suggest this to Patrick! that so great tanya. and you never looked geeky. it's that librarian look men love :) so save those glasses for role playing ;) wink wink

8:40 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

ARGH--I have never had to wear contacts or glasses (knock on wood) so I cannot imagine how uncomfortable the ones you are wearing must be. Here is 20/20 lens free vision soon!

Have a great day!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Here is TO 20/20 lens free vison.
Sorry--left out the word TO in above post. I wish blogger comments would get an edit option.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

That is so awesome.
How long do you have to wear these lenses?
I've been wanting the lasik surgery for years now, but am a bit on the chicken sh*t side about having eye surgery done.

2:45 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

I like geeky lookin' women in glasses!Get some of those oversize glasses the strippers wear when they're trying to look like school teachers...

6:49 AM  
Blogger tavolini said...

sounds like the pain is worth it!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

there goes ALL of my librarian fantasies right out the door...thanks a lot.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that just amazing? Hmmmm, all these guys and their librarian fantasies. You geeky looking, NO WAY! Hold on to the glasses just for sexy teacher look!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Sully Sullivan said...

Congrats. My girlfriend has glasses and when she forgets them (which is terribly often), she's pretty blind. This is a huge nuisance. I'm happy to hear you've relieved yourself of that burden.

9:55 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

That is amazing!

I like wearing glasses occassionally, but I'm so active that they really get in the way. Hard to go running or do yoga w/glasses, I think.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

That is awesome!!!! I wonder if I should talk to my eye dr. about these lenses....my vision is about 20/1600......do you think they would help me?

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home