Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tidbits

One can have a lot of thoughts driving up and down a boring freeway 2 hours a day, every day (well...5 days a week) week in, week out. Today I was reminded of a Calvin & Hobbes comic strip where Calvin tells Hobbes that he's happy; but, he's not ecstatic. That's exactly how I feel...I'm happy, or should I say my life is totally normal; but, I'm not like super-thrilled. I would like to be super-thrilled so universe? Thrill me.


I hate people that use the fast-lane when they don't need to. It's like a level of selfishness that really "grinds my gears". MOVE OVER! I'm making a sign that screams that phrase that I say daily and putting it in my window for all the 99 drivers to see.

Also, I hate when people use the carpool lane when they have children in their car. I used to think the carpool lane was to help resolve traffic issues and since children can't drive, they're not resolving any issues...but I talked to a cop and he said it's legal to use the carpool lane with kids in the car so Kody? pack your pads...you're comin' to work with me.

I'm hooked on a new show call Jericho. Hello? why did no one tell me there was an apocolyptic show on tv???? the Apocolypse is like my most fantasized time ever....2012, i'm waitin' for ya! Being a survivor of maybe 10 in sacramento, i'll have my pick of the homes, cars and i can make a mocha whenever i want and not pay for it. yes! oh...and i won't have to go to work becuase everyone's gone! morbid, i know...see what happens when you're not overly ecstatic?

8 Comments:

Blogger Pher said...

I use my porta-betty for my passenger...it makes me excited to drive too.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

I hate when ...

.. People stand on the left side of a escalator.

.. Guys at my gym liberally bathe in baby powder.

.. Short people use golf sized umbrellas in crowds.

.. The person behind you in line stands next to you.

Don't get me started.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Miraski said...

welllll...i can understand your complaint but, speaking as a parent who has used the carpool lane, I'd venture that the world is a better and safer place when this driver of a carload of bickering babies (currently in their teens...) gets where she is going as SOON as is humanly possible ;-\

3:20 PM  
Blogger deb said...

I agree Mira! I love when Meg's in the car and we can use the carpool lane!! I'm not a real fan of that drive either. At least it's just 2 days a week not 5. People are ASSHOLES on the road. ASSHOLES! God i love that word.;0)

6:24 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Asshole drivers are one of the few things that have the ability to make me PHYSICALLY angry

6:45 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

xo

11:25 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

hey peter! well, that was not my complete lists of irritants; just ones that face me on a daily basis.

never thought of it that way Mira...see why people who don't have children shouldn't talk about people who do? :) when you coming to sac? Or when we coming to you?

i admit: I have road rage.

KLEO!!!! WHERE YOU BEEN??????

6:48 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

I leave you alone for a few hours, and boom! You cannot change, so go with that.. Women are weird, and you are their poster child... Still love you though.. Where's Michelle? She makes you look normal...

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home