Tuesday, February 24, 2009

tidbit blog

My bro, Janet and I went to Red Hawk Sunday and i came home with $200 and my original $100. i won over $300 but played the last bit and gave jaent and chris money. that's right. i'm kind (I'm still in the hole with Janet though :) AND I actually drove the lot home becuase i had not ONE drink. It was Sunday and I had to report to my new post the next day so i didn't want to stink of a bar.

which brings me to my 2nd tidbit. I've been temporarily assigned to the darlingest town in northern cal called Ione. I'm upgrading 200+ machines to XP (yeah...the state's a liiiiitle behind the times). i LOVE the commute except yesterday i almost died, craning my neck to look at sweet cows on the greenest grass i've not seen since Ireland, with a back drop of sunlit dark gray skies when i drifted in to the other lane....this could be a problem. I did pull over and baby talk the cows that stared at me until i drove off. they better get used to it! (oh...drifting car story had no bad ending...just a concern)

I took a shower and slept on my newly layered hair and can i say i'm DARLING!?! It's wavy, wavy, wavy....i'd post a pix but in the morning i look like a homeless ex-crank addict.

Jesus. that's it? gambling and a new job?? someone needs a new direction...

6 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

You win at gambling, and you have a job- that's a lot these days!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

No drinks? That explains the winning part.

And upgrading to XP? Yeah, just a tad bit behind the times. lol

5:43 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

LOVE your new hair!!

3:29 PM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

what the hell did they have before xp ?? and what is xp ?? lol

4:54 PM  
Blogger deb said...

i've seen that look of "almost death by car terror" in your eyes before. Did you go off laughing in hysterics after??

ione is where willy the cat came from. it is cute there. your hair is fabby too must be some great shampoo. what's it called??

good going sunday too. no drink equals $$$ for everybody!! :)
xxoo

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

change of scenery is always good. No drinks?...I'm impressed!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home