Sunday, August 23, 2009

On a diet again...

HA! Fooled ya! i already started this diet on July 25th and I didn’t want to blog about it; because, come on….how many OF my blogs are dedicated to a diet? 7,487, THAT’S how many. And to blog about this one would probably curse it so why take the chance? (by the way, the diet uses HCG so that keeps your body from going in to starvation mode)

I had heard about this particular diet a few months ago but I also heard you couldn’t drink alcohol and you could only eat 500 calories a day. Ain’t no way I could do either. So I did the low-carb thing again and only lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks, only to gain back 3 over a wine night!! I said ‘fuck it’ and checked out the diet anyway.

It is now 30 days later and I have lost 25 pounds. No other diet in the last 15 years has been so amazing in results. And now, my hypothalamus has been reset and so has my metabolism. I will now able to eat a reasonable amount of food with a bad day or two here and there and NOT gain weight.

I’m not quite through this diet yet, i have 3 more 500 calorie days and then will low-carb it for 21 days (called Phase 3), eat regularly for 2 weeks and go back on Phase 2 for 3 more weeks and should have reached my goal weight of 135.

I feel so amazing, so proud and I look really good. I’ve accomplished something that I set out to do and that’s not always me. I’m hoping I’ve turned a new leaf because my life needs a new direction.

12 Comments:

Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

that is so fucking fantastic - I am very proud of you - I liked you before now I guess I have to get used to liking less of you....LOL

7:19 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

thanks DB for the ENTHUSIASTIC congrats...soon i can eat one of your fabulous meals. tell Banana i'm comin!!

8:11 AM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

awesome! i watched on oprah ( haha, ya i know) when dr. oz was on.. that if you take out your 'liquid' diet intake, you lose like 450 calories in a day.. like, pop, juice, etc...

proud of you !!!! keep up the great work chica!!

DUDE,if you weigh 135, you will weigh less than me!!!

Go, TANYA, GO. go TANYA GO!!!

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Robin said...

That is AWESOME Tanya! I can't WAIT to see a pic of the new improved you...CONGRATS!

I'm also glad you are feeling so well. Good for you and your accomplishment.:)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

That is amazing! And this was on Oprah? Or was that just about taking out the "liquid" in your diet? Anyway CONGRATULATIONS!! I know you tried so hard and now your work has paid off. Awesome!

6:46 AM  
Blogger deb said...

well i've been so lucky to witness the weekly melting. you need to very proud of yourself and you like the tanya i met 24 years ago!!!!!!!!!better even no eighties hair!

6:46 PM  
Blogger deb said...

the juevos looked great!

7:15 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Good for you! I've gained and lost massive amounts of weight over the years, but I know how hard it is to stick with it...

6:55 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Tanya- Seriously.. do you care for anyone, but you? Animals don't count in this survey, but I know you love them.... Please, show me a human side of you!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Robin said...

Hey, we liked when you were fat and we are gonna like you skinny:) How about a pic of the new improved Tanya?

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Robin said...

woops, that came out wrong. You were never "fat" but you know what I was saying...I like you just for you:)

10:03 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

hahaha, robin...oooh...you did a faux pas and called me FAT! i was. and i'll post an after pix eventaully...i was gonna wait til i get down to my goal weight...

god. i gotta blog something new. my life is too normal.

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home