Saturday, August 01, 2009

Mmm....

i just did some yoga and MAN did that feel ever-so-good.

Last night the dogs were doing their somethings-in-the-bushes-and-it's-driving-us-wild barking so I went outside and found a crow. It looked like she was tangled up in the blackberry bush. So of coruse I screamed bloody murder at the dogs to get in the house but neither one would listen...they wanted that bird. Kody got his back fat pulled and betsy got her ass paddled. They finally were corrallable to the front door and went in. I spent the next 15 minutes trying to get that crow out. I thought it was dead at several points because she just laid there. I watched her foot slowly open up from the branch (which made me think she died) but then I saw her still breathing. So I put on some heavy duty work gloves and grabbed her gently around her body and pulled her out...she flapped, tried to move and did and then flew away...

I'd like to think she's okay but I doubt it...poor thing. I hate shit like that...at least she didn't die at the paws of our dogs.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Robin said...

There is nothing like a good Yoga workout. Sometimes I really like it and my mind is totally in it and other times my mind is everywhere but in the class.

I think it is a good sign that the bird flew....seriously. Ick, that would be depressing.

3:23 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Crows and cockroaches are the only two species that will survive a nuclear holocaust.... Don't worry, you did good.

7:30 AM  
Blogger deb said...

can't wait to do bikram with you soon.
oh i have a good bird story to share. I'll have to tell you rather than write it out.

she'll be ok. probably just in shock that she was almost eaten.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

You are always saving animals in distress. I'm sure the crow was OK. Feel better TK (((HUGS)))

2:03 PM  
Blogger deb said...

post something.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home