Saturday, July 25, 2009

John Mayer

My girlfriend gave me a John Mayer CD about 8 years ago...Room For Squares. I told her it reminded me of my current love at the time. She wasn't too enthused which i thought was weird...who cares?? i'm in love with someone who may not be perfect for me but he made me happy at the time.

9 years later, he still makes me happy. unfortunately, as of today, we're not together; but, he really is a wonderful man. He was wonderful to me the last 97 months and he's still wonderful today.

My ex is the reason i had a meltdown Wednesday. He's always been there for me, but he actually put his foot down and said "no way" to reconciling. This was just so devastating to me and OH MY GOD...who fucking cares??? I always have a million thoughts about this relationship and the 500 others i had before him. sometimes i get tired of hearing mySELF talk.

My point is as I listen to this CD, I'm reminded of our earlier years. How much in love we were. The stuff between us was surmountable...how we had hope of developing in to a wonderful union. the beginning of discovering each other...

eventually we discovered too much and we parted ways.

but when i listen to this 9 year old CD, i remember the good times...the time we had hope, the time when we were in love. The time when i thought THIS was it....And while I listen to this CD, I am back in those days and i'm still in love...




back to you...

5 Comments:

Blogger deb said...

that was lovely. i'm haunted by my memories both painfully and lovingly.

you know what's hard no nearly impossible to accept is, if love is all powerful and it conquers all are we not with the ones we deeply care for?

i just don't know anymore.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Robin said...

Did I tell you about my ex-boyfriend dumping me through a letter after 3 years? Well, after he did that and rejected me so hard I just went into a MAJOR funk. It was awful. HE was engaged immediately after and it devastated me. The point...I really didn't think he was right for me but it was the idea he rejected me that made me want him and I probably drove him away.

Are we talking about Kevin?

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Robin said...

I just went and checked out that CD on Itunes...it is a good one. Hey, what I was trying to say is I kinda ran my boyfriend off in weird way, i just pushed everything to far. If you love him do what you have to do to get him back. Rent a billboard..do anything. If it is you then change. If it is him then let him go and don't look back.

9:17 PM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

love is hard, just like life. we just have to take it one day at a time. and its so interesting how music plays a huge part in daily mental lives. its crazy when you think about it.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Miraski said...

*warning* geezer alert: Isn't John Mayer that handsome 20-something who is busily sowing his oats??? He does sing and play might well, though. ;-)

8:28 AM  

<< Home