Saturday, July 18, 2009

Best. Eggplant. Parm. Ever.

this is probably my 4th time trying eggplant parm and still hating it; but ... being a good food sport, i tried it again. this time i followed Suzanne Somers' recipe and, AS USUAL, it was amazing!!!! Maybe eggplant, like tomatoes, only tastes good when homegrown. Or maybe it was the fact taht I fried the slices in peanut oil before creating the lasagna. whatever it was, I had it for breakfast too...

While I was making it, I invited my borhter over to share some, figuring i'd have to throw half of it away. now i'm bummed he did becuase i only have 1/4 of a pan left.

(Thanks for the side-note Chris)

I did save a bit of the eggplant for the grilling advice i got. that did sound good....

We went to see Harry Potter last night. The movie was great, the patrons were not. two people answered their cell phones during the movie and the kids behind us had the crinklyiest bags EVER and for some reason they needed to eat out of the never-ending bag through the whole movie. I'm VERY sensitive to irritating noises (a lovely trait inherited by my mother) so i half focused on that, half focused on the movie.

can't wait til it comes out in DVD.

7 Comments:

Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

you make irritating noises but you are irritated by them....hmmmmmm and why didnt you make the baba ganoush like I told you? Eggplant parm is so 'normal'

7:52 AM  
Blogger Travis said...

I'm also very sensitive to irritating noises, which is why i don't see popular movies when they first come out, I usually wait a week or two.

Heh, I still remember how pissed mom would get at dad because the clicking noise his jaw would make when he ate.

10:50 AM  
Blogger deb said...

do you any left. i'm coming over

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Robin said...

I'm the same way about noises. I'm really bad when we are eating out (which I hate). I can't concentrate on what we are talking about due to listening to everyone else talk. I'm not trying to listen but I can't tune out the other people talking...thus, I HATE eating out because it stresses me! Does that even make sense?

We watched Seven Pounds with Will Smith...pretty good. I still like Benjaman Button...excellent movie:)

10:09 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

I'm going to post about an eggplant zuchini rigatoni casserole I made recently. I think you'll like it!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

Crinkly bags? Damn those children! And the cell phones? Don't even get me started on those hellish devices - movies or anywhere else.
Eggplant parm looks good, but I'm still not a big eggplant fan.
Still liking your job?

12:55 PM  
Blogger Miraski said...

Where is your bro's thumb? That looks so weird...

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home