Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Aunt Frannie

My favorite Aunt Frannie died this morning. Peacefully, in her sleep.



I remember Frannie as being soft-spoken, kind, loving, nurturing, talented, funny and accepting. I was sent to live with them at 16 when my mom could no longer handle me and she took me in as one of her own. She was so very tolerant of me and tried her best to guide me in the right direction. I'm only sorry I disappointed her too.



But I am forever greatful i was able to experience living in such a loving, quirky family. She raised 8 beautiful children who are all amazing in their own way. And they all bear traits of Frannie and that's such a good thing.



Frannie looked and acted exactly like my Dad...in a way, my tears are for him as well as for her and her family. She will be so greatly missed by numerous people, too many to count. I hope her and my Dad are lovingly reunited, rejoicing in the lives they've led and the people they've touched.


Goodbye lovely, lovely Auntie...

9 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

Sorry about your loss.. It is wonderful to know you cared about her and admired her.

3:10 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

aw sweets. sorry for your loss.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

Sorry to hear. It's always hard to lose the family that you really like. I can't believe I just wrote that...ha ha

3:55 PM  
Blogger Lulu Carmichael said...

What a lovely tribute for a lovely woman. I'm so sorry for your loss.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Thanks you guys...: )

7:37 AM  
Blogger deb said...

she's cute and does look like your dad. handsome photo of pher.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Senor Guano said...

Hey Tanya..
I am sorry.
That is great to go to know your aunt so well.
Take care

3:00 PM  
Blogger Miraski said...

Tanya, thank you for your lovely blog about mom. great photo, too.

8:14 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. But you carry the spirit of Aunt Frannie with you. Hugs to you, girlfriend.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home